Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1198 **  (Read 189585 times)

Tetsuo

Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - 6.0.1184 **
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 02:03:11 PM »
you can find more information about the CreditAlert feature here:
http://www.avast.com/lp-credit-alert#tab2-1

Basically we will be offering 2 products:
CreditAlert Free  - monitors your credit report and notify via avast! if any change occur
CreditAlert Premium - monitoring + gives you a full access to your credit report + credit scores, from the 3 US credit bureaus (price is set to $9.95/month)

This product(feature) is provided with our partner company ID Watchdog.

Thank you, MartinZ. It seems to be a very interesting new feature.

Many thanks also to the other members who replied to my original post.

BrollyLSSJ

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 02:06:35 PM »
Installed fine on both W7 32 Bit and W7 64 Bit. No problems were noticed so far.

Hermite15

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »
@spg SCOTT: I agree about the process field, not present anymore in the web shield alert, this should definitely be brought back. If you deactivate the webshield and let the fileshield intercept EICAR, then the alert is just as it always was, showing which process was involved.

As to the page linked to the alert button, I don't mind the content, i.e. promoting the safezone currently. What I find pushy though is the size of that button ;D + the info page doesn't bring any security info at all... it's a purely Avast promoting page. Worldwide statistics are not gonna help anyone whose system has just been attacked >>> bring some relevant malware info instead ::)

edit: promoting AIS through a virus alert is just bad taste ... one question: does this button link to the same page when triggered from Avast "free"... as I see this text here:
You have it, so why not use it? Browse virtually with avast! SafeZone
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:16:49 PM by logos »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »
Seems good the CreditAlert feature, although only US available.
Will the release WebRep be compatible with FF 5?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »
Will the release WebRep be compatible with FF 5?
Yes! On my Win7 32bit with FF5

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

spg SCOTT

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »
@spg SCOTT: I agree about the process field, not present anymore in the web shield alert, this should definitely be brought back. If you deactivate the webshield and let the fileshield intercept EICAR, then the alert is just as it always was, showing which process was involved.
It there if web shield is set to ask, but seeing as the default is to abort (plus the network shield is the same) this will only confuse things...especially when people get random alerts, and the process field was useful in tracking down what caused them (if it was a browser it was just a blocked wepage...if it was explorer/svchost, or some other file, then it was on the machine...

As to the page linked to the alert button, I don't mind the content, i.e. promoting the safezone currently. What I find pushy though is the size of that button ;D + the info page doesn't bring any security info at all... it's a purely Avast promoting page. Worldwide statistics are not gonna help anyone whose system has just been attacked >>> bring some relevant malware info instead ::)

edit: promoting AIS through a virus alert is just bad taste ... one question: does this button link to the same page when triggered from Avast "free"... as I see this text here:
You have it, so why not use it? Browse virtually with avast! SafeZone

It says: "Browse safer virtually, with the avast! SafeZone™"

It is backwards...the info (graph and statistics) that is at the bottom should be the first thing you see, since that is why you click the link in the first place. The ad for AIS should be below...I think any way...

Hermite15

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »
sounds to me like pretty obviously, people clicking for the first time on the "more details" button will just expect detailed info about the precise malware that was blocked, no?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 02:53:48 PM »
Have to say...I'm not liking the change to the alerts...

Where has the Process field gone?
<snip>

I agree that Process information is very useful, not least for us helping on the forums as knowing the process involved helps determine what is going on. Typically Malicious URL alerts when the process involved is svchost.exe, etc. generally this is a rootkit issue and possible MBR rootkit.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 02:55:47 PM »
sounds to me like pretty obviously, people clicking for the first time on the "more details" button will just expect detailed info about the precise malware that was blocked, no?

This whole discussion is a bit premature as the landing page is completely changing. I.e. the landing page you're seeing is not the landing page that should be there when the update is released.

Indeed, the new landing page is supposed to contain additional information about the virus as well as some other data.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »
Edit: promoting AIS through a virus alert is just bad taste ... one question: does this button link to the same page when triggered from Avast "free"... as I see this text here:
Hmmm... I tend to feel the same as Logos.
More info should have a minor size and MUST give technical information. Otherwise, just promotion.
avast free blocks the invasion and you say "Yes, that was close, but relax... avast! just saved a crash!".
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 03:06:32 PM »
Thanks for the new Beta release.
It's not in the changelog but has the frequent BSOD problem on some machines in this thread been addressed and/or resolved?
I.E. Is there anything concrete to reassure me that if and when I do install the next AIS 6 Release on the one PC on which all previous versions have been unstable, that I will not be again pressing the reset button every half-hour or so?
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline keloo05

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 03:09:54 PM »
Vlk, Chrome changed it's icon since version 10.
http://chrome.blogspot.com/2011/03/fresh-take-on-icon.html

Wouldn't be nice to see the new updated icon on the WebRep tab?
Thank you for your work on this great antivirus :)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 03:10:57 PM »
Edit: promoting AIS through a virus alert is just bad taste ... one question: does this button link to the same page when triggered from Avast "free"... as I see this text here:
Hmmm... I tend to feel the same as Logos.
More info should have a minor size and MUST give technical information. Otherwise, just promotion.
avast free blocks the invasion and you say "Yes, that was close, but relax... avast! just saved a crash!".

Yes, I agree.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

pcclean3453

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 04:15:54 PM »
Just downloading right now-can't wait for the real update! Maybe the webrep update for FF v5 will be in it too.

Martinss

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 04:25:16 PM »
Here's the list of the most important changes:
- improved compatibility with Windows Vista SP0/SP1
- attempt to solve the "Windows Media Player using a red skin" problem
- Firewall: improved compatibility with uTorrent
- improved the sample submission process
- introduced new CreditAlert feature (US customers only)
- improved load time of WebRep IE plugin
- improvements in the silent installer
- improvements in the sandbox module
- added Thai and Serbian language packs

silent install don`t work, parameters:

/VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SP-

or this:

/Silent

example I use: C:\Temp\avast5\setup_av_free.exe /Silent

installation start but when finish say this and icon and avast service don't appear:

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:29:33 PM by XP. »