Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1198 **  (Read 190766 times)

Offline rnuis

Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - 6.0.1184 **
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 09:23:28 PM »
The only place that I see the CreditAlert is under Settings (in the upper toolbar) when you navigate to Maintenance | CreditAlert Settings.  You can disable the popups there.  I haven't dug further.

Thanks Gopher. They didn't make it very obvious. I thought it would have been under "Additional Protection".

You can choose betweeen free or premium alerts.

Terms and Conditions of Credit Alert

http://www.avast.com/terms-credit-alert?p_pro=1&p_vep=6&p_ves=0&p_lqa=0&p_lsu=0&p_lst=0&p_lex=0&p_lng=en&p_lid=en-ww&p_elm=27

EDIT: After registering under settings/maintenance a tab under "Additional Protection" appears.

What exactly is the free registration monitoring?

Below is a screenshot.

I don't see it where can i find it then??
Avast internet security 2015 10.0.2208 , MBAM 2.03 ,Firefox 33.03
Windows 8.1 Pro 32Bit

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 09:37:11 PM »
Hopefully the credit alert thing will be expanded in the relatively near future.  Currently no use to me here in Canada, and probably even more importantly, my biggest account (Visa, from my own bank) uses strictly EquiFax for their credit info.  I have an Emerald card, which has a sliding scale of interest rates based on my credit score ... and under the privacy act or something similar, the bank isn't permitted to pass along to me any info they get from InfoFax.  I can theoretically pay IF for a report, but even the bank agrees they're not very user-friendly, and the reports tend to be almost useless.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Nesivos

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 09:55:13 PM »
Here is the link to the Avast commercial credit company partner, ID Watchdog.

http://www.idwatchdog.com/

Jack 1000

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 09:58:32 PM »
The only place that I see the CreditAlert is under Settings (in the upper toolbar) when you navigate to Maintenance | CreditAlert Settings.  You can disable the popups there.  I haven't dug further.

Thanks Gopher. They didn't make it very obvious. I thought it would have been under "Additional Protection".

http://www.avast.com/terms-credit-alert?p_pro=1&p_vep=6&p_ves=0&p_lqa=0&p_lsu=0&p_lst=0&p_lex=0&p_lng=en&p_lid=en-ww&p_elm=27

EDIT: After registering under settings/maintenance a tab under "Additional Protection" appears.

Below is a screenshot.

This will only be in the paid versions of Avast, right?

Jack

Nesivos

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 10:01:40 PM »
The free service does not offer much of anything.

All it does is notify you of a change in your credit report with a company named TransUnion.   If you want to see what the change was and your actual credit report with them you need to get the Premium; i.e. Paid Service.

IMO the free service is nothing more than a marketing tool to try and induce you to get the Premium service.  I have no problem with that but if that is indeed the case people who are considering getting the free service should be aware of it.

You can read the TOS on the link

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 10:04:18 PM »
Where is this CreditAlert feature? I am in the US and I don't see any reference to it in the GUI.

- introduced new CreditAlert feature (US customers only)

Hi Charyb,
the CreditAlert feature will be offered after successful avast! registration. But you can also find it in Settings->Maintenance->CreditAlert->Register

Nesivos

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »
TOS

This is interesting

ID Snapshot: If You detect any irregularities or potential irregularities as a result of the Services, You may request an ID Snapshot report. This report utilizes more detailed information gathered from certain databases, including those accessed by the other Premium Services as well as additional database resources, for the purpose of identifying any facets of your identity that may have been affected by identity theft. In order to receive an ID Snapshot Report, You must first provide a signed and dated Delegation of Power to ID Watchdog. ID Snapshot services are governed by ID Watchdog’s separate terms and conditions available at: www.idwatchdog.com. Your periodic Premium Services fee does not include ID Snapshot for any Pre-Existing Conditions (as defined below).

Link on previous post.

Jack 1000

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2011, 10:07:23 PM »
I agree that Process information is very useful, not least for us helping on the forums as knowing the process involved helps determine what is going on. Typically Malicious URL alerts when the process involved is svchost.exe, etc. generally this is a rootkit issue and possible MBR rootkit.

Now that process will change to "Please change the settings in the webshield to ask, then report back the process when it happens again..."

It is there when the setting is on ask, but seeing as the default actions are to do something, then most people will not see the process listed...

Can you provide screenshots to illustrate this example, and the steps that the user would take?

Jack

Nesivos

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2011, 10:11:39 PM »
It seems to me that by signing up to the Premium service which dose of course require providing your SS# along with other pieces of private data that you are giving up a hell of a lot of privacy.  Too much for me at this point given that I have never had any problems in this area so, which I believe is do to trying to keep pretty good control on my privacy.

For others who have had credit problems and don't mind spending $10 a month to try and clear them up this could be a good deal.  I don't know what competitors to ID WatchDog are providing or how much it may cost.  Like I said, I have had no need to. :)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2011, 10:15:20 PM »
Re: Credit Alert.  I read the web page with the info and have some questions.

1. What information do you have to supply in order to activate it?

Please provide an exact detailed list of information that needs to be supplied including information like Social Security number.

2. Does it start out as a monthly recurring charge or can you set it up initially for only one month?

3. If you decide to stop the service at any time how do you do that?

4. Is this service outsourced to a third party?

If it is outsourced to a third party like a credit agency, please provide the link to that agency.

That are all the questions I have at this time.

Hi Nesivos,
I am glad that you are interested in this product. Here are the answers:

1. For the CreditAlert Free is needed: Name, Address, Email, DOB(must be over 18), last 4 digits of SSN.
Then to upgrade to the paid Premium version you need to provide also full SSN and your identity is verified by few verification questions to be sure that you are really the person you pretend to be ;-)

2. It's recurring from beginning but there is a standard 30-day moneyback guarantee.(from the first enrollment to the Premium version)

3. You will login to the dashboard at https:/dashboard.ca.avast.com, go to the account settings, and cancel the service.

4. Yes, some part is outsourced by company called ID Watchdog - http://www.idwatchdog.com

Hope this helps
Martin  

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2011, 10:17:50 PM »

Below is a screenshot.

This will only be in the paid versions of Avast, right?

Jack

No, it will be in all versions, but actively promoting only in Free so far.

GreggH

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2011, 10:44:06 PM »
Where is this CreditAlert feature? I am in the US and I don't see any reference to it in the GUI.

- introduced new CreditAlert feature (US customers only)

The only place that I see the CreditAlert is under Settings (in the upper toolbar) when you navigate to Maintenance | CreditAlert Settings.  You can disable the popups there.  I haven't dug further.

I did, and got a dialog to register. Only one problem... I can't as I am not in the US but in Canada. Somehow, Avast doesn't seem to know this, and thinks that I am not in Canada.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
No, it will be in all versions, but actively promoting only in Free so far.

I disabled the CreditAlert popups in the Settings without registering for it.  Will my Avast install contact ID WatchDog in any fashion during my normal browsing, or when I access my online financial institutions?
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline MayuraDeSilva

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2011, 11:01:03 PM »
Hi,

Installed from scratch and working seamlessly. Seems like new pre-release has more performance improvement over previous official version.

I Love avast!

Cheers... :)

jeepava

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2011, 11:12:48 PM »
The update went fine Free AVAST 6.0.1184 the language french
(XP Professional sp3 - IBM THINKCENTRE 8189)

thank you