Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1198 **  (Read 190755 times)

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - 6.0.1184 **
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 12:26:25 AM »
There's no hint in the release notes but could it be that the scan performance is much better? A quick scan is about one and a half minutes faster.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

mattburles

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 12:34:06 AM »
is there any advantage of this over the previous version for free avast? any bug fixes included?

DBone

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 12:35:23 AM »
As a paid user, I can not stress enough, that paid users had better not be subjected to pop-ups and advertising from CreditAlert. I have no problem if avast! implements this strategy for the Free version, but if it happens in the paid versions, I will look elsewhere for protection.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 12:37:43 AM »
is there any advantage of this over the previous version for free avast? any bug fixes included?

Read the first post, see highlighted section.

Quote from: Vlk
This is hopefully going to be a smooth service release, designed really just to fix some of the issues of the previous v6.0 builds.

Only the major changes are mentioned in the list in the first post.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2011, 12:44:34 AM »

Do you mean that performance improvements were integrated?

DJBone

mattburles

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2011, 12:47:15 AM »

Read the first post, see highlighted section.

Quote from: Vlk
This is hopefully going to be a smooth service release, designed really just to fix some of the issues of the previous v6.0 builds.

it does not say if these bug fixes are for the free or paid version or both?

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2011, 12:49:46 AM »
it does not say if these bug fixes are for the free or paid version or both?
These bug fixes are for the bugs in all versions.

DJBone

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2011, 12:57:45 AM »

Do you mean that performance improvements were integrated?
No I mean exactly what I said read the first post other than what is listed I have no idea what has been incorporated.

I haven't noticed any discernible difference in the Quick scan duration, just ran two quick scans one after the other and both were slower than my last scan before the update, but we are talking seconds so well within any margin of data differences..
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2011, 01:10:12 AM »
1. No I mean exactly what I said read the first post other than what is listed I have no idea what has been incorporated.

2. I haven't noticed any discernible difference in the Quick scan duration, just ran two quick scans one after the other and both were slower than my last scan before the update, but we are talking seconds so well within any margin of data differences..

1. Ok, i thought you have more informations because you wrote "major informations".
2. Before updating the scan time was about 10 minutes now it's about 8 and a half minute. And this was not only by one quick scan.

DJBone

PS: As you read in my signature, my english is not the best.  :( I don't understand everything correctly. Sorry!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:16:23 AM by DJBone »

mattburles

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2011, 01:24:20 AM »
either way cant wait for the official release because any performance improvements are welcome! :)

zfactor

« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2011, 02:02:12 AM »
As a paid user, I can not stress enough, that paid users had better not be subjected to pop-ups and advertising from CreditAlert. I have no problem if avast! implements this strategy for the Free version, but if it happens in the paid versions, I will look elsewhere for protection.

i LOVE avast but have to agree, honestly this should be something that is part of the custom installer and can be unchecked and NOT installed as i will never use this on any of my systems as well as i personally know people who have had very bad experiences with watchdog in the past...if it becomes intrusive i will look elsewhere, why oh why do companies keep adding junk to great programs (imo)

hayc59

« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2011, 02:06:12 AM »
Smokin and thanks!!

corbindoak

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2011, 02:58:45 AM »
I am having a problem.  I installed the new update of avast yesterday as it requested I do so.  After that my computer froze and I had to restart. It still froze.  I restarted in safe mode and uninstalled the new avast.  Problem fixed.  But how can I make it work?  I want to use avast I have been using the free program for years.  I am running windows 7  any help would be appreciated.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2011, 03:18:18 AM »
I am having a problem.  I installed the new update of avast yesterday as it requested I do so. 
What do you mean? Who tells you to update?

DJBone

Jack 1000

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2011, 03:21:09 AM »

i LOVE avast but have to agree, honestly this should be something that is part of the custom installer and can be unchecked and NOT installed as i will never use this on any of my systems as well as i personally know people who have had very bad experiences with watchdog in the past...if it becomes intrusive i will look elsewhere, why oh why do companies keep adding junk to great programs (imo)

+1!

Jack