Author Topic: avast! my loyal friend....  (Read 3006 times)

com155

avast! my loyal friend....
« on: June 23, 2011, 07:45:10 AM »
avast! my dear avast! thankyou for protecting me anywhere and everywhere on the web i will tell u a incident how i began trusting avast! as my loyal friend.....

i had choosen avast! as my antivirus a few months ago,one day my mom wanted to search for some stars photos who come on the tv serials.....she searched it on google naturally google showed the related results and randomly clicked on a link that unfortunately took me to a infected site....when the site loaded she clicked on a image to enlarge the image before the enlarged image could load avast! came up saying it bocked a trojan hoarse infection:JS-Redirector-H....Mom called and told me to see why the site was not loading as she didnt have much knowledge of computers.....i saw the alert and explained it to mom....after that day i began trusting avast! as my most loyal friend....thanks for protecting all your users....and me too!!!love u!!!!AS IT IS SAID:
AVAST!
BE FREE...

regards,
com155
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 06:26:15 AM by com155 »

Jose_Lisbon

Re: avast! my loyal friend....
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:24:44 PM »
Keep your mom away from the machine.

DBone

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 11:56:48 PM »
lol!! ;D

com155

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 06:24:34 AM »
u are right john i told her earlier only to stay away as she may stumble upon something on the internet but she didnt listen and this what happened now she is frightened even to touch our laptop....anyway avast! was is and will be for always my loyal friend!!!!enjoy your day!!!

regards,
com155

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 07:02:24 AM »
Thanks for posting and hopefully you install a better browser for your mom to help prevent infections.

Google Chrome is very nice, as well as opera or firefox.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

com155

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 07:44:45 AM »
DONT WORRY I HAVE INSTALLED CHROME BUT MOM DOESNT WANT TO GO CLOSE TO THE LAPTOP SHE SAYS THINGS ARE VERY COMPLEX FOR HER TO UNDERSTAND...he he he!!!!

MAG

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 10:35:25 AM »
That's a shame. :(

Start explaining to her - or if you live in US send her to one of Bob3160's seminars.  :)

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »
Install Sandboxie, configure it to delete contents of the box on closing the browser.
Put the Sandboxie icon (run web browser sandboxed) on the task bar and erase other icons.
Tell mom: "when you go to the net click this yellow little thing".