Author Topic: Question about submissions  (Read 1416 times)

Justin21

Question about submissions
« on: June 24, 2011, 12:16:13 AM »
I know this has been asked many times but im still not sure even after reading answer's
If I have a unknown trojan that wasnt detected in the chest and I fill out the form to submit it to the virus lab but then press the "Update" button it says "Submitting file C:/xxx.exe" is it really submitting it to the virus lab since its not submitted during a update? because I check these files every update to see if a definition was added and I have a few that are sitting in the chest 3 days after submitting them and was wondering if the lab was really getting these submissions.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Question about submissions
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 12:30:22 AM »
First they are uploaded during the update check but there are many thousands of such submissions every day and those from other sources. So it does take time and up to a point they try to prioritise submissions where possible by some form of automatic analysis. So what you submitted may not come near the top of the pile if it isn't a priority.

After a few days of scanning and it not being added I would submit it again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security