EdisnaecoIMVU

Closed
« on: June 26, 2011, 05:05:14 PM »
Got new PC with avast working... closed
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 07:34:55 AM by EdisnaecoIMVU »

Gargamel360

Re: Avast Help Again Please.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:21:17 PM »
Well, you could try a repair.  Do that as if you are going to uninstall Avast! but choose the repair option when it appears.

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 05:26:26 PM »
I have tried this many times, and it failed.

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 05:33:58 PM »
Try to DEactivate the real time shield from MBAM Pro.
Does it work now?
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

DavidCo

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 05:38:44 PM »
Under Avast settings>Updates>Proxy Settings, what do you have picked?

Also please try Avast settings>Trouble shooting = Load Avast Services only after loading other.....

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 05:59:37 PM »
You have a very under powered system from what i can see with quite alot of pro things running, to start with i would disable the realtime on MBAM and hitman or maybe even remove those programs till you get avast sorted out, quite frankly your system doesn't have the guts to run malwarebytes pro with avast let alone hitman pro as well, i bet you also have defender enabled and the windows firewall too ?

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 06:25:58 PM »
The thing is i can not setup avast or my internet will not work.. not even in safe mode.

And i have ran Mbam Pro, avast IS and more altogether with no problem before..

So i do not know how i can post back and try doing the things requested if i will not get internet with avast installed.

My computer has 1GB RAM so it is not that bad.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »
1 Gb of ram is alright for xp but your really pushing it for windows 7 with all the other programs you have running, 2Gb minimum is usually required just to run windows 7 properly.

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 06:47:25 PM »
yea, i suppose but i love windows 7 lol.

So, now i will try turning off all other protections and install avast and try a repair install, if it does not work and if the internet is still not working, i will uninstall it then post back.

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »
Ok so i installed avast, with no protection moduals on from other software. And no luck :(

Before avast turns off my internet:

After avast turns it off:

Proxy Settings:

Anything else please? I loved avast when i could use it..

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 07:18:30 PM »
1 Gb of ram is alright for xp but your really pushing it for windows 7 with all the other programs you have running, 2Gb minimum is usually required just to run windows 7 properly.

Whilst not entirely related to your problem.

I Absolutely agree 2GB minimum on win7, especially Ultimate and you really will see a difference. I bought an acer aspire one netbook, with win7 starter and that is meant to be lighter on resources, it had 1GB DDR3 and a dual core atom N550. Even before I had received the netbook I had already bought a 2GB DDR3 stick of RAM to upgrade it men received.

I ran it for a short time and shortly after boot it was using almost 750MB of RAM, so having 2GB is a breeze and you will see less hard disk thrashing as data is transferred in and out of the hard disk pagefile.sys.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 07:20:18 PM »
Have you tried reinstalling the OS?
What I see from the information you provided is some sort of conflict (probably remnants from uninstalled programs).
A System reinstall, plus the Windows updates that follow, plus the installation of your usual software will take you one afternoon. You probably spent some days already around this issue.

DavidCo

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 07:23:50 PM »
That last screen looks familiar to me.
If you then restart and wait, what happens?

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 07:28:45 PM »
I would buy more RAM but for my aspire one it only has one slot and the max it can take is 1.5GB of RAM, so either way i am stuck with it :P, my PC came with Windows XP SP3 but once i got windows 7 i did not ever want to go back to the crappy windows xp. I might try to get windows 7 home tho.

I know reinstalling my OS would fix it most likely, but i am hoping not to have to do that as i can not possibly back up all my data, and other things, if i do reinstall my OS it is going to be last choice option.

And David, I have tried restarting and sadly my internet stays on 'limited' even in safe mode with avast on my computer.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 07:31:51 PM »
Maybe try direct connection (no proxy), are you positive that you have removed all remnants of avira? you can re run the tool from here http://thewebatom.net/uninstallers/security-software/