Author Topic: Closed  (Read 9210 times)

EdisnaecoIMVU

Re: Avast Help Again Please.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »
I will run it again, just in case.

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 07:36:51 PM »
Have you had other security programs installed, apart from Avira, since you installed Windows 7?

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »
No keys found.

And yes Bitdefender, F-secure, MSE, Nortan, AVG, ummm... Comondo... i think that is all  :o

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
And yes Bitdefender, F-secure, MSE, Nortan, AVG, ummm... Comondo... i think that is all  :o

No wonder you're having issues...

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 07:46:44 PM »
Lol.. well i did not know trying them would ruin my PC?  ???

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 07:50:19 PM »
Uninstall Avast and reboot twice.
Go to the sites of each of those programs and install the respective uninstall tools.
Run one tool and reboot, then the other and reboot, and so on (if the program included a Firewall reboot twice. Windows needs two reboots to cleen all the drivers).
Install and run Auslogics registry cleaner and reboot.
Install Avast.

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 07:58:06 PM »
Oh my.. that's alot of work.. but ok i will try this and post back later. Thanks.

Gargamel360

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 08:00:04 PM »
Yeah get at running the removal tools for whatever you had, cause this screams of multiple security program conflict.

If you are going to sample security software in the future I would say definitely go with a system image backup, create a new image before each new install.  Loading up an image solves so much headache from things like this, then you can sample all you like.

Really, everyone should have one but moreso for situations like this.

Offline CraigB

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 08:03:15 PM »
You can get the removal tool for all of those programs that you have tried from the link i gave you earlyer for avira, http://thewebatom.net/uninstallers/security-software/

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 08:05:02 PM »
Yeah get at running the removal tools for whatever you had, cause this screams of multiple security program conflict.

If you are going to sample security software in the future I would say definitely go with a system image backup, create a new image before each new install.  Loading up an image solves so much headache from things like this, then you can sample all you like.

Really, everyone should have one but moreso for situations like this.

I agree, i just got RollBack RX for problems, about 1 week ago or so. I love it so far, i was using it becuase i was having trouble with the windows theme patcher.

Offline CraigB

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 08:33:00 PM »
Install and run Auslogics registry cleaner and reboot.
Auslogic is not recommended as can do some serious damage if not carefull, ccleaner is probably about as deep as you would want to go, maybe even eusing free reg cleaner if you want a little deeper ( never run a reg cleaner without backing up the registry first and eusing will do that automaticly) iv used eusing alot over the years on multiple systems and it has never taken anything it shouldn't, last run with eusing removed 2400 obsolete keys for me and the system has never run better.
Sorry for going slightly OT  :)

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
I been using Auslogic for a while with no problems. I do backup before i do it tho.

Almost done with the uninstall stuff tho, will post back soon.

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »
Sorry for going slightly OT
It's not OT.

Auslogic is not recommended as can do some serious damage if not carefull
Auslogics will back up your registry before doing its job. But I agree that you should leave the Registry alone in normal circumstances.

EdisnaecoIMVU

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 12:30:21 AM »
Ok after all that hours works.. of removing every little peace of old antiviruses from my system all the way, and after defragmation, and many many reboots, Avast is still not starting the firewall! And internet will still not run with Avast on my computer.

There has to be more steps?  ???

Gargamel360

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 12:54:24 AM »
Ok after all that hours works.. of removing every little peace of old antiviruses from my system all the way, and after defragmation, and many many reboots, Avast is still not starting the firewall! And internet will still not run with Avast on my computer.
There has to be more steps?  ???
Was the Avast! removal tool one of those you ran?  I don't see you mentioning doing a clean reinstall of Avast! yet, meaning removing Avast! first normally, run the uninstaller in safe mode, then try getting installing again it and getting it running.