Author Topic: Avast has detected a secure connection from your mail program (Error)  (Read 4624 times)

scotsmist1

I am fixing my friends computer after his hdd died, while putting in another for his wife onto a home network where now everything is working all except avast where it keeps coming up with the same error message see below:

Avast has detected a secure connection from your mail program (process OUTLOOK.EXE) to the SMTP server
62.254.26.195 (viginmedia.com)
This type of connection cannot be checked for viruses. Please Disable SSL?TSL in your mail client so that the mail scanner can scan your mail. The mail scanner will provide the SSL?TSL security itself.

he is running windows 7 pro on both machines, office 2010 and Avast free home user although he has purchased 2 licences of avast pro but since the last hdd died has had difficulties getting it to accept the licence again (I will look into this for him but unfortunately will need to find the time first.)
I have tried to disable SSL/TSL from within outlook but after find that mail can no longer be sent or received?

If I uninstall avast and then reinstall it, it works a charm,,,,,for a while then eventually stops sending and receiving and comes up with this message maybe not in that exact order but I hope you get the picture.

Is there anyone here hopefully an Avast support worker that might know of a work around can can help my friend.

regards

An many thanks.

Scotsmist1

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:58:08 PM by scotsmist1 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast has detected a secure connection from your mail program (Error)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 03:07:40 PM »
avast! 5.x: Some e-mails are not scanned by the Mail Shield
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=458

aviperi

I'm having the same problem. I have read the explanations above encryption but my email accounts were not defined with encryptions therefore I didn't add these account to the list in the Avast setting. Any other ideas? the only option to receive emails at the moment is to disable the Avast for few minutes and then to receive the emails. I'm using WIN7 PRO, Outlook 2010 and Avast 6.0 free

Thanks