Author Topic: Windows 7 problem  (Read 8227 times)

Offline justinlee

• Poster
Re: Windows 7 problem
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »
Wonder if this could be a heat related problem ???
When was the last time you cleaned out all the dust bunnies ???
Are you using a cooling fan or, at least have the back part of
the laptop slightly elevated to increase air flow ???

I regualrly keep the air vents clean so doubt it is to do with that. It has really got me baffled. I thought it may be have something to do with a process that kicks in after a while to do an update for a program so i turned wireless off and the same thing happens. Turned off all the AIS shields to see if maybe there was some sort of conflict there.....Nothing! Did the same with MBAM and still the problem occurs. Soemone has suggested i download Process Explorer from Microsoft and i have so i need to look at that in more detail.

Btw if you don't have Process Explorer it's a useful tool...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

I am surprised no one on this forum is having the same issue with Windows 7 has when searching Google so many others do!
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) SP1,
Intel Core i5-2410M @2.30GHz, 6GB RAM
AvastFree Antivirus & ZoneAlarm Free.

Offline justinlee

• Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 07:29:04 PM »
Bingo! This problem occurs when using Windows Aero themes. I changed the display from  Windows Aero to Windows Classic and the problem no longer occurs. Microsoft need to sort this one out ASAP! I need to do some further investigation to see whether it only occurs when using a personalised screen saver and Aero at the same time. Could be some kind of conflict.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:16:44 PM by justinlee »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 09:23:48 AM »
Absolutely no issues with aero here and i haven't seen anyone else on the forum with that problem so i wouldn't count on microsoft fixing anything, like you said it could be a conflict with your personalised screensaver which is more than likely the cause, try a windows default screensaver and turn aero back on ?

Offline justinlee

• Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »
Absolutely no issues with aero here and i haven't seen anyone else on the forum with that problem so i wouldn't count on microsoft fixing anything, like you said it could be a conflict with your personalised screensaver which is more than likely the cause, try a windows default screensaver and turn aero back on ?

*Sorry i wrote screen saver what i actually mean't was destop background*

I have changed back to Aero and got rid of the personalised desktop background and yes the problem has gone. Very strange though as this problem arose before i even added a personalised background but it seems that changing to Windows Classic then back to Aero and getting rid of the background has fixed it. Odd one but i am not complaining. :)