Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

need help, i got infected with loads of trojan

(1/2) > >>

blast000:
I did a full scan on my computer and found tons of trojans, look at picture i attached. they are all running in the memory. Avast cant clean them, i cant select anything in the file i attached. I dont know where the files are, so I cant delete them :S
 ???
whats to do ?

Jose_Lisbon:
What I see in your snapshot are legitim processes that belong to: Spybot, Comodo, Lavasoft, Malwarebytes. Do you have (or had) this programs installed?

DavidR:
- Detections in Memory -
My guess is that you are doing a Custom scan in which you have elected to scan Memory and that all these detections are in memory. Since they aren't physical files they can't be moved to the chest, deleted, etc. so there is no action that can be taken, hence the Apply button being greyed out.

The detections in memory are frequently other security applications loading unencrypted virus signatures into memory. Having set off a scan of memory by an antivirus application looking for virus signatures, don't be too surprised if it finds some in memory.

blast000:
Alright, thank you. I got freaked out for a second  :P

DavidR:
You're welcome, the memory scan really is a bit redundant and can cause unexpected results.

As to the need for a Custom scan, that is another issue:
- With a resident on-access antivirus like avast, the need for frequent on-demand scans is much depreciated. For the most part the on-demand scan is going to be scanning files that would be otherwise be dormant or inert. If they were active files then the on-access file system shield would be scanning them before being created, modified, opened or executed.

I have avast set to do a scheduled weekly Quick scan, set at a time and day that I know the computer will be on. If for some reason my system wasn't on, no big deal I will catch up on the next scheduled scan.

So now we really get to the question, why do you feel the need to do a custom scan ?
That is likely to engage even more dormant/inert files, more so if you elect to scan archives. Unless of course you are using it to limit the files that are scanned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version