Author Topic: Avast IS 6 scanning torrent files instantly???  (Read 3419 times)

rodney24

Avast IS 6 scanning torrent files instantly???
« on: June 29, 2011, 04:45:47 AM »
Well it has been acting strange as of lately. Say i download a movie torrent or music album, and I always scan the file before opening it after download. It used to take its time and scan the file in a good manner, as if it were scanning thoroughly.

Now all of a sudden it scans them instantly, it doesn't even take 1 second on the timer to scan say a 2 GB file. This does not sound right. I can scan my whole movie folder which is like 7-8 GB and it does it without even spending a second to go through them. Doesn't sound like a very safe way of scanning something if it is doing it that quick.

Just doesn't make sense why it started doing it all of a sudden. I also have free Malwarebytes and Superantispyware on my computer, but they should not cause any problems.

Any ideas???

Nesivos

Re: Avast IS 6 scanning torrent files instantly???
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 07:09:22 AM »
Files downloaded from torrents are downloaded in parts.   Avast scans each part as it is downloaded.   Malware is usually in the last part of the downloaded file that is part of the seeding process.

I have had several files downloaded by uTorrent that avast! deleted while the file was seeding because it found a bad stuff in the last part.  I don't recall ever seeing avast! delete a uTorrent download before it started to seed.

Just my experience.

Gargamel360

Re: Avast IS 6 scanning torrent files instantly???
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »