Author Topic: V6.0.1203 causing Retrospect V6.0 Backup Software to run very slow.  (Read 2139 times)

Janjakes

I am having a problem with Retrospect V6.0 Backup software running very slow since updating to Avast V6.0.1203.
I have tried installing the patch for Win XP Pro 32 bit
http://public.avast.com/~kurtin/patches/#ap20111707002 but I can't get it to work as I can't find one of the locations mentioned for installation of the patch 'Program Files\ALWIL Software\Avast\setup\inf'.
It is definately the lastest Avast update causing this problem as I have tried going back to a saved copy of V6.01125 and all works well.

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this to problem.

Thanks

Jan

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: V6.0.1203 causing Retrospect V6.0 Backup Software to run very slow.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 08:26:34 PM »
It should be enough (I think) if you unpack the archive only to \Windows\system32\drivers (overwrite existing).

I can't find one of the locations mentioned for installation of the patch 'Program Files\ALWIL Software\Avast\setup\inf'.

What about \Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\setup\inf ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:08:16 PM by pk »

Janjakes

Re: V6.0.1203 causing Retrospect V6.0 Backup Software to run very slow.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:07:19 PM »
It should be enough (I think) if you unpack the archive to \Windows\system32\drivers (overwrite existing).

I can't find one of the locations mentioned for installation of the patch 'Program Files\ALWIL Software\Avast\setup\inf'.

What about \Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\setup\inf ?

Many thanks for your suggestion...it is working OK now.

Jan