Author Topic: tojan-gen {other}  (Read 2644 times)

corbin17

tojan-gen {other}
« on: August 29, 2004, 07:22:43 PM »
Hello,
I hope I can get some help here. I have been trying to remove the Trojan-Gen {other} virus from my computer since August 10 with no  success. It showed up in an AVAST scan but did not show up in other scans. I have spent countless hours pursuing this to no avail. Can anyone help me? I am not noticing much of a difference in my computer except that it seems to be working a little slower and freezes up, which it has never done before.I was able to move some of the files but could not remove them. The Trojan-Gen is located in 5 different files on my computer.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:tojan-gen {other}
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 09:20:11 PM »
Hi corbin17, welcome to the forums

Please Help us to Help you - User's FAQ - we need more information to be able to help fully. A visit to the thread will give you a lot of useful advice and an idea of the information needed to Help you fully.

General Advice & Tools for virus/trojan/malware removal

If you need more help, come back here with more info....
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:tojan-gen {other}
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 01:07:50 AM »
Corbin, like David said, we need more information...
What is your OS and which files (name and path) were infected?
Can you try the link 'Virus Clean' on my signature?

Sent the trojan-gen infected files to the Chest...
Do you have Windows XP? Did you try the boot time scanning?
The best things in life are free.