Author Topic: Google+  (Read 10490 times)

Amalia

Re: Google+
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 11:24:55 PM »
Google already knows everything about us (especially if you use their browser too), so might as well use the cool software that they have available.

No kidding.  I used Google for all my research long before I learned that it was logging all my info like a creepy stalker.  If not for the fact that Google already knows plenty about me, I might not have so easily joined G+ knowing what I do now.  :B

Gargamel360

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 11:36:05 PM »
No kidding.  I used Google for all my research long before I learned that it was logging all my info like a creepy stalker.  If not for the fact that Google already knows plenty about me, I might not have so easily joined G+ knowing what I do now.  :B
Yeah...but another way to look at it is, nearly everyone else is selling data to Google anyway, so by directly using Google products, you simply are removing a middleman. ;)

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 06:41:09 PM »
Ah, this is what brought me into this forum :)

Can you send me an invite please? I want to try this google +?

Anyone experienced reviews with google +?

Just PM me your gmail id

I will invite you

Chris,
He needs at least 20 posts before he can use the PM function.....
One of the reasons I didn't make this offer available in the general topic. :)

I never thought about it, my mistake...but then he can email me right?

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 06:46:13 PM »
It pretty something that Mark Zuckerberg had more followers in Google+ than Google CEO

It seems he closed his account

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20079226-71/zuckerberg-closes-off-his-google-account/

But then, Google unveiled another social network called Photovine

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20079294-93/google-unveils-new-photo-sharing-social-network/

BruceMo

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 03:55:05 PM »
it is very interesting about Mark. Facebook vs. Google batle is keep going. Microsoft with Bing search engine is also involved in that battle.

It looks like we have "unification" of firms...Microsoft , for example looking for stronger partnership with Nokia. They also bought Skype. Google on the other hand, have youtube, picassa and blogger.com , among everything else.
Google also looking for strategic partnership with some big cell phone company. It would most possibly be samsung, beacuse of android.

Facebook is playing some wird strategy. is it best por worst strategy ever seen, we'll see - facebook made some strategic partnership with microsoft, but not directly..they sign some contract with skype, as i heard. they are advertising it like- "best social network with best video chat client software"...and it can be very good .

Dunno, they are big players, we'll see whats up in future..