Author Topic: One of the best Antivirus, but still a problem (open letter to avast)  (Read 2563 times)

Connor MacLeod

I use Avast since 2005 (4.5) and as it grows up with years and gets better and better, still there is one annoying thing:
False alarms.

As computer technician i use a lot of antivirus programs and i thing as detection program does great job. But this false alarms cut a lot poits..

Please avast, do something for this.

Thanks for your time,

Connor

ΥΓ. And thank you for the mac verion. It was about time i think.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:37:31 AM by Connor MacLeod »

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Hello,
did you send us the files to analyze?

Milos

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
No false alarms ever here, as Milos said did you send the falsely detected files to avast to be analyzed ?

freakyfreaky

Neither have I. Haven't receive such false alarms since Avast! 4 ;D

Mr.Agent

I received few fps but they fixed it quickly because others or me did send the file to the chest then send to avast!. That how its work no just say i found a file its like saying "I found a cat on the street" but we dont know where...

Manitoban

did you send us the files to analyze?
For a couple of years, avast had an amazing response to false-positive submissions. I had an email template for submitting a particular kind of false positive. Avast would receive the submission and within a few hours, at the next auto-update check, the problem was resolved. Then suddenly, in the run-up to versuion 5, they stopped responding and I consequently stopped submitting.

Joe S

The only false positives I have received have been for unusual software like slipstreaming or other unusual stuff generally things that alter Windows. I sent avast the file and a link to the site where I got it and it was usually resolved in a day or two.
Joe

nsm0220

I use Avast since 2005 (4.5) and as it grows up with years and gets better and better, still there is one annoying thing:
False alarms.

As computer technician i use a lot of antivirus programs and i thing as detection program does great job. But this false alarms cut a lot poits..

Please avast, do something for this.

Thanks for your time,

Connor

ΥΓ. And thank you for the mac verion. It was about time i think.

they know about this but they do nothing to help ether gdata or there users with there fp's troubles

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/fp/avc_fp_feb2011.pdf  
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:20:52 AM by nsm0220 »