Author Topic: Avast Free Video Test  (Read 5207 times)

dcaine100

Avast Free Video Test
« on: July 01, 2011, 09:32:47 PM »
I've been watching video reviews of Avast and other software on Youtube for a long time and decided I'd have a go a doing my own  :) its my first ever upload enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQSnij-s9G8&feature=channel_video_title

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Free Video Test
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »
Sorry to deride your efforts, but another sodding youtube review.

For the same reasons as the others this is frankly a waste of time no matter what the results, sample sizes this small are worthless.

A very strange first post and one that I would have to question the motives (but I'm a trusting sort NOT), promotion of your own youtube video ???
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:49:01 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

DarkMasters

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 02:34:35 AM »
Sorry to deride your efforts, but another sodding youtube review.

For the same reasons as the others this is frankly a waste of time no matter what the results, sample sizes this small are worthless.

A very strange first post and one that I would have to question the motives (but I'm a trusting sort NOT), promotion of your own youtube video ???

It's really nice of you to bother yourself checking his/her video. By doing that you've save others time and bandwith from clicking the link and watch the video. You're comment pretty much sums it all  ;)

DBone

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 05:26:05 AM »
I enjoyed the video. avast! did a great job all on its own, but Norton DNS is a nice addition that takes up no system resources. I like watching these videos as it gives me just a little insight on how a program might respond for real. I know it's not the gospel, but I enjoy them.

Offline AndreaVr

• Blog Ufficiale Andrea Lonardi ~ Non si vive di sola tecnologia !!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 09:21:45 PM »
I've been watching video reviews of Avast and other software on Youtube for a long time and decided I'd have a go a doing my own  :) its my first ever upload enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQSnij-s9G8&feature=channel_video_title

I use OpenDNS with Avast and a hardware firewall and I must say that viruses are a very distant memory! is 4 years since I format the pc ...

dcaine100

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 05:32:04 AM »
I enjoyed the video. avast! did a great job all on its own, but Norton DNS is a nice addition that takes up no system resources. I like watching these videos as it gives me just a little insight on how a program might respond for real. I know it's not the gospel, but I enjoy them.

I enjoy them to its interesting to see how different software deals with Malware, this combination simply blocks 90% of malicious websites the rest is caught by Avasts file shield or Comodos cloud scanner/Heuristics.

dcaine100

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 05:33:40 AM »
I use OpenDNS with Avast and a hardware firewall and I must say that viruses are a very distant memory! is 4 years since I format the pc ..

Which firewall do you use?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 08:45:15 AM »
As DavidR said these youtube reviews are a waste of time no matter what the results, you would need tens of thousands of samples to make any real judgement and some professional credentials behind you to back up your testing capabilities, anything less than that and your a hack, these youtube reviews are not wanted and not needed.

dcaine100

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 01:50:05 PM »
As DavidR said these youtube reviews are a waste of time no matter what the results, you would need tens of thousands of samples to make any real judgement and some professional credentials behind you to back up your testing capabilities, anything less than that and your a hack, these youtube reviews are not wanted and not needed.

Lighten up and who are you to say whats wanted and whats not a lot of people enjoy these videos! people like languy get 10s of 1000s of views and everyone knows they are not in any way definitive tests just for fun a to have a look at how they work if your not interested in youtube videos simply don't watch and let the poeple who do enjoy them watch them!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
As far as im concerned all languy's views come from the feeble minded who believe in those stupid tests ( mostly children ) but if you or anyone else wish to watch them then go ahead, where just asking people to stop posting youtube links here in the forum as any well respected av company goes by professional reviews and tests with detailed results and not hack reviews which keep being posted on the forum and turn it into a whole lot of clutter.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:30:24 PM by craigb »

Hermite15

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »
... exactly, these video tests are basically entertainment for kids, nothing else.

DBone

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »
Cool!! I'm still a kid, even at 43!