Author Topic: win32: Trojano-281 [Trj]  (Read 3613 times)

WhatTeh

win32: Trojano-281 [Trj]
« on: January 13, 2005, 06:28:34 AM »
Everytime I go to this particular site, it's IMPOSSIBLE to browse through the forums because I keep getting this virus (and no one else does).

Virus Name: 4duczwwl.exe (Researched a bit, only found a little info but it changes everytime [the name]), Win32: Trojano-281 [Trj]
What it does: Tries to open "default.exe", and freezes my computer.
Where it is: My cache folders for IE and Firefox (even though Im using Firefox).

Help please.  Does anyone know where it's coming from and how to block it?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: win32: Trojano-281 [Trj]
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 10:43:27 AM »
Please send me the address of that site in PM, so I can have a look at what is going on.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 12:07:49 AM »
Thanks for your PM. It took some time, but I think that I found where your problem is comming from. Some people on that board are (deliberatly?) posting there malicious code in their posts/signatures (etc). as far as I can tell that is where your problem is originating from. So my advise: Don't go there anymore. Although the board is pretty decent, it seems that the moderators don't know their tasks :-\

And FYI: I was able to browse their without problems, just because my personal security setting are very like much better than yours.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 12:09:34 AM by Eddy »

WhatTeh

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 02:01:02 AM »
Thank you.  I'll stay off of there cause my computer doesn't have the best protection lol.  And yes, it is most likely deliberately.  Most likely someone trying to put a keylogger on my computer to grab ahold of my password from the game.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 02:17:34 AM »
Eddy, which forum was infected?
If it is a public website, I think we're happy to know and avoid going there  8)
The best things in life are free.