Author Topic: ** NEW OFFICIAL AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE IS HERE ** VERSION 6.0.1203  (Read 187199 times)

Mar.

Re: ** NEW OFFICIAL AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE IS HERE ** VERSION 6.0.1203
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 08:56:19 AM »

How to solve?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 09:14:54 AM »

How to solve?

Funny. Is your system clock set correctly?
Also, you may try doing a repair of the avast installation...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 09:28:04 AM »
Vlk, have you found anything about the issue with 1198 BETA build and Raxco PerfectDisk 12 Pro that i had on WinXP SP3 ?

1. we were not able to reproduce the slowdowns (but we tested with build 1203, which, compared to 1198, had one thing that could have potentially caused the slowdowns solved).

2. we were able to reproduce the inability of scheduling the boot-time degrags. But the same applies to all other previous versions of AIS, so didn't consider it as a blocker. We may look into it in the future updates though.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Mar.

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 09:28:53 AM »
@Vlk

This only happens when it updates automatically. Then I do  a  manual update again and say that everything is updated  and  "green."

Then update the AIS and start all over again ... The funny thing is that he always says the same database: 110616-1.

Avast has already done the repair several, does not. The "error" remains.

I'll wait until later, when you have new update, to see if it resolves.

Another thing: Is there a program that permanently remove Avast? I used the "aswclear" and it seems that leaves traces ...

ady4um

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 09:47:16 AM »
Another thing: Is there a program that permanently remove Avast? I used the "aswclear" and it seems that leaves traces ...
No traces if you follow the correct instructions, running the "clear complete uninstall" tool from Windows Safe Mode.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 10:37:41 AM »
Vlk, have you found anything about the issue with 1198 BETA build and Raxco PerfectDisk 12 Pro that i had on WinXP SP3 ?

1. we were not able to reproduce the slowdowns (but we tested with build 1203, which, compared to 1198, had one thing that could have potentially caused the slowdowns solved).

2. we were able to reproduce the inability of scheduling the boot-time degrags. But the same applies to all other previous versions of AIS, so didn't consider it as a blocker. We may look into it in the future updates though.

Thanks
Vlk

Interesting. I got it reproducable each and every time. Boot time defrags didn't work as well, however it worked fine with the last stable version. Have removed PerfectDisk for now...

Updated 3 platforms with latest version and all working fine so far.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »

Thanks
Vlk

Interesting. I got it reproducable each and every time. Boot time defrags didn't work as well, however it worked fine with the last stable version. Have removed PerfectDisk for now...

Updated 3 platforms with latest version and all working fine so far.

RejZoR have you tried Puran Defrag free version which has a Boot time defrags ??? http://www.puransoftware.com/Puran-Defrag-Download.html
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2011, 12:26:40 PM »
Updated via GUI and everything is smooth as silk :)

Mayflower

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2011, 12:39:34 PM »
Thanks avast! for the new version.

Stewdza

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2011, 01:26:52 PM »
New version: Serbian Language Pack...
Thanks God!

Best Regards.

Offline div_dib

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
Great Job As Always!!!!! :)

Martinss

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2011, 02:00:58 PM »
Works good but silent install still give error:

failed to language dll [1033/UilangRes.dll]

Windows XP SP3 Spanish

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »
Updated avast! Free from the previous beta, everything is okay! :)
Windows 7 32 bit

jrace

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »
Updated through GUI, everything worked as advertised. No problems what so ever.

"CreditAlert" log was still available but not updated anymore. If you kill it it will not automatically be recreated!

I guess after a "clean" install it will be not available anymore from beginning - I did not try that so far!

Thanks avast! - good work!

Mr.Agent

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
Nice build but few problems i mentioned i dont know if all is not but its worth to check because i did see most arent...

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=80315.255

My reply is on this topic.

Notice : The firewall log bug in french that return to english then french very fast this is not fixed yet...

Also on the main settings on where you see that auto-defense and others things you can see "Do not use Chrome as avast! default browser" is not translated to french...

When you want to install others languages on the panel the first "V" should be like this and i think you noticed there a "." so why you didnt put a big "V" ?

Another translation missing... Its in the sandbox for when you want to add a process there still "enter program name" that isnt yet not translated in french.....

---------------------------------------------

I got a question what this chrome settings you did put what its mean ? I found nothing on the help about it... Is it for the Safe Zone ?

PS : I use avast! Internet Security 6.0 - French.

Mr.Agent
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:14:16 PM by Mr.Agent »