Author Topic: ** NEW OFFICIAL AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE IS HERE ** VERSION 6.0.1203  (Read 187871 times)

Nesivos

Re: ** NEW OFFICIAL AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE IS HERE ** VERSION 6.0.1203
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2011, 03:25:39 PM »
Vlk, have you found anything about the issue with 1198 BETA build and Raxco PerfectDisk 12 Pro that i had on WinXP SP3 ?

1. we were not able to reproduce the slowdowns (but we tested with build 1203, which, compared to 1198, had one thing that could have potentially caused the slowdowns solved).

2. we were able to reproduce the inability of scheduling the boot-time degrags. But the same applies to all other previous versions of AIS, so didn't consider it as a blocker. We may look into it in the future updates though.

Thanks
Vlk

When I used to use PD, I stopped using it at PD11, I had a problem with scheduling boot-time defrags.   I no longer have PD11 on my computer so this is going from memory.

Somewhere in the Setting, Preferences or anything that looks like a setup or utility option you will find some wording that indicates a repair needs to be made by PD.   If you make the repair it should be able to do a boot-time defrag.   At least this is how it worked for me when I used PD11.   Hope this is helpful :)

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2011, 03:55:57 PM »
Thanks for the update. Updated via GUI and no problem so far.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

DBone

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2011, 04:27:18 PM »
Vlk, have you found anything about the issue with 1198 BETA build and Raxco PerfectDisk 12 Pro that i had on WinXP SP3 ?

1. we were not able to reproduce the slowdowns (but we tested with build 1203, which, compared to 1198, had one thing that could have potentially caused the slowdowns solved).

2. we were able to reproduce the inability of scheduling the boot-time degrags. But the same applies to all other previous versions of AIS, so didn't consider it as a blocker. We may look into it in the future updates though.

Thanks
Vlk

Interesting. I got it reproducable each and every time. Boot time defrags didn't work as well, however it worked fine with the last stable version. Have removed PerfectDisk for now...

Updated 3 platforms with latest version and all working fine so far.

RejZoR have you tried Puran Defrag free version which has a Boot time defrags ??? http://www.puransoftware.com/Puran-Defrag-Download.html

Puran Free is what I use, and it works flawlessly with all versions of avast!. The boot time defrag not only defrags files that can not be defraged while running, but it also defrags your entire drive too. It is awesome, give it a try and pocket your hard earned $!

LunarWolf

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »
I got a BSOD as soon as I install avast 6.0.1203.

Here is the dump file

http://www.mediafire.com/?favz1fns5261mom

After restarting, there was a red X on avast. I cannot enable the shields. when I click FIX NOW, it put avast service is not running or something like that. It even kill the internet connection. My wireless cannot connect.

Using windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.
running Acer Aspire 4730Z.

Hope my dump files help. Really love avast.

jrace

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2011, 05:46:06 PM »
Nice build but few problems i mentioned i dont know if all is not but its worth to check because i did see most arent...

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=80315.255

My reply is on this topic.

Notice : The firewall log bug in french that return to english then french very fast this is not fixed yet...

Also on the main settings on where you see that auto-defense and others things you can see "Do not use Chrome as avast! default browser" is not translated to french...

When you want to install others languages on the panel the first "V" should be like this and i think you noticed there a "." so why you didnt put a big "V" ?

Another translation missing... Its in the sandbox for when you want to add a process there still "enter program name" that isnt yet not translated in french.....

---------------------------------------------

I got a question what this chrome settings you did put what its mean ? I found nothing on the help about it... Is it for the Safe Zone ?

PS : I use avast! Internet Security 6.0 - French.

Mr.Agent

Yes.. :D .. if you check this item, avast! is using your system default browser in Safe Zone.
If you uncheck it, avast! uses Chrome in Safe Zone.

ericz

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2011, 05:59:49 PM »
Downladed Avast Free yesterday, and did the install, configuration. (From CNET downloads.)

Win XP, SP3, other anti-malware installed for doing the realtime web monitoring, so I configured to not use Avast for it, but other functions are used. Did the definitions and program updates from UI, no problems. The UI is very intuitive, which is why I picked Avast over other free products.

Did an overnight full scan. Quick, in that some overnight scans with other products are still at it next morning. A qualitative speed endorsement.

I presume from the update list's noting fixing issues with WebRep that it's new, and a work in progress.

I have chrome, Firefox and IE8 installed [for windows update primarily]. Besides chrome I have SRWare Iron and Comodo Dragon in the chromium family - all intended to be able to mix and match.

WebRep loaded fine and without any perceived slowdown, in Comodo Dragon, latest update of it. In Firefox 3.6, latest update, and Aurora channel, latest. All okay, no slowdown.

Two problems - feature design - others may agree or disagree.

First, the green popup has a bunch of icons at the bottom - what means what, where is it documented? It looked really "busy" to me. If I wanted to evaluate a site, and add it to the database, how?

Second, in a new release, could UI design people consider making the WebRep popup configurable (it could be a feature from the page where it can be activated for the three browser groups [chrome, IE, and Firefox - not Opera/Safari??])? I would like to see a toggle there where a user could choose hover/click/disable for the popup, in any browser. The three bar display in search return lists pretty much gives the community-safety rating info, while the popup if you move the mouse while reading the returns, is a big-time distraction in hover mode. It can even cover part of what is being read.

Generally, I think popups should be restrained. Others may feel differently.

Is it just me, or do others feel that a next release might look at adding such WebRep configurability? Especially if it could be implemented without sacrificing speed in the browser. Either that or base the functionality on a CLICK on the three bar item, rather than HOVER-to-pop as default?

xtinguish

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2011, 06:00:20 PM »
Thanks for the update. Updated Windows Home XP SP3 through GUI and no problems so far. I can confirm that Windows Media player no longer suffers from the horrible red colour.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2011, 06:04:49 PM »
Nice feature i would never mind on this nice one.

I found others bugs too...

1. The delete button there are another one in the boot time scan settings its glitching in the end its look very weird...

2. IE WebRep Vote Tab there are "TS" word missing on telechargemen"here"... Firefox got it but no IE and you should see the reply i did on beta for more on the webrep...

3. Question... Is it normal that the tabs on the vote panel on IE and Firefox are looking very different... ?

4. Is it normal that in the file shield > actions > i see  they are reduced in the tabs the actions but when i go to PUP i see they arent ? What the reason ?

5. I hope avast! do understand me and will fix these majors problems...

avast! Internet Security 6.0 - French

Mr.Agent
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:14:38 PM by Mr.Agent »

Offline gautam7

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2011, 06:10:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

update went fine as usual.....no problem in my system. only one thing this version also don't trigger autosandbox for various crack and patch applications even though those crack/ patch are detected as malicious by about half the scanner of virus total. Can anybody explain if this the way avast work or avast autosandbox is not enough sensitive??

Thanks again.......
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

emm19

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »
Update caused start-up failure, and avast was subsequently disabled by Windows (7, 32 bit) trouble-shoot. Avast now failing to restart.

Tetsuo

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »
Hi,

Is it normal that Do not use Chrome as Avast! default browser appears also in the settings of the free version on a system on which Chrome has never been installed?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English,
T.

System Info:
Windows XP Pro SP3 (32bit)
Avast! Free AV 6.0.1203

cadremis

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »
I updated to this new version in my XP SP3 Home edition last night and I want to report that everything is working fine...rm

Mr.Agent

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2011, 06:34:10 PM »
Hi,

Is it normal that Do not use Chrome as avast! default browser appears also in the settings of the free version on a system on which Chrome has never been installed?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English,
T.

System Info:
Windows XP Pro SP3 (32bit)
Avast! Free AV 6.0.1203

I dont understand now...

Im feeling that the building wasnt well tested before releasing i guess. Why all translators dont check every corners before say ok to avast!.... I think that french translator should come here because i got alot words to say for he fix it. I must say i got like 2 pages full. (maybe im be crazy but yeah)

Mar.

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2011, 06:39:12 PM »
Where low  Avast FREE 6.0.1203?

Pass me the link please? If possible, link the server Avast.

I downloaded the version and came http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_free.exe 6.0.1125

Mr.Agent

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »
Mar. ::) Its should be in the website or you can update via your program.