Author Topic: ** NEW OFFICIAL AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE IS HERE ** VERSION 6.0.1203  (Read 187206 times)

Mar.

Re: ** NEW OFFICIAL AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE IS HERE ** VERSION 6.0.1203
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »
@Mr.Agent

I can not upgrade  the program. I have to find the program with this version.  I'm trying to fix a problem with my Avast: he says that  an  old database (110616-1) is the current today. Not to mention that he also charges that the program is  more current than 6.0.1125 6.0.1203.

Link to my problem: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=80482.msg662770#msg662770

Trying the "solution" that is following in the post above.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:47:36 PM by Mar. »

nord

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2011, 07:02:57 PM »
No problem with the update, works fine on my XP PRO SP3 P3 T40 Laptop.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2011, 07:12:54 PM »
Still pending on those questions/bugs/glitchs that i said...

Wondering if someone will respond to me a day... :(

emm19

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2011, 07:23:20 PM »
Does anyone know how to get Avast to start up again after being "Adrift at sea" and when the "Fix it" and "Start program" buttons do not work? Help would be greatly appreciated, as the update appear thus far appears to have killed Avast  :(

Nesivos

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »

Puran Free is what I use, and it works flawlessly with all versions of avast!. The boot time defrag not only defrags files that can not be defraged while running, but it also defrags your entire drive too. It is awesome, give it a try and pocket your hard earned $!

I use Smart Defrag it is also free and works for me.  I will however take a look at Puran :)

Mr.Agent

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »
Does anyone know how to get Avast to start up again after being "Adrift at sea" and when the "Fix it" and "Start program" buttons do not work? Help would be greatly appreciated, as the update appear thus far appears to have killed Avast  :(

Repair dont work ?

Dch48

« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »

Puran Free is what I use, and it works flawlessly with all versions of avast!. The boot time defrag not only defrags files that can not be defraged while running, but it also defrags your entire drive too. It is awesome, give it a try and pocket your hard earned $!

I use Smart Defrag it is also free and works for me.  I will however take a look at Puran :)
Just tried Puran Free and it is really nice. It has replaced Auslogics Free for me and I really liked that one too.

emm19

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2011, 07:36:05 PM »

Repair dont work ?

I've tried repairing through "Uninstall programs" and that does not work.

Dch48

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »
You may have to do a complete uninstall and cleanup with the Avast removal tool. Then download and install the new version again.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2011, 07:37:46 PM »
Can you make a topic if it isnt already done ? So we wont spam this topic and others users can help you more without confusing in each words that is sent here. ;)

jrace

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »
Hi,

Is it normal that Do not use Chrome as Avast! default browser appears also in the settings of the free version on a system on which Chrome has never been installed?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English,
T.

System Info:
Windows XP Pro SP3 (32bit)
Avast! Free AV 6.0.1203

This might not be quite normal but it is also in the FREE version!

In the FREE version it does not matter whether you have the little box checked or not or chrome installed or not, your system default browser remains in all cases the same. The box does not serve any function in the FREE version!

Do not mix up the AutoSandBox of the FREE version with Safe Zone of PRO/AIS versions.

Dch48

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2011, 08:14:19 PM »
Is the new Credit alert feature included in the Free version? If it isn't then why is the box in Avast settings to enable the alerts checked by default?

Tetsuo

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2011, 08:34:17 PM »
This might not be quite normal but it is also in the FREE version!

Thank you for your reply, jrace.
So I'm assuming that the option is normally  present in the free version also when Chrome is not installed and that it was not an issue with my update.

Do not mix up the AutoSandBox of the FREE version with Safe Zone of PRO/AIS versions.

It wasn't my intention. I have never mentioned "Safe Zone" or "Autosandbox" in my original post/question.
I know this option is not related in any way with the browser of the Safe Zone. This is also the main reason why I asked about the presence of Do not use Chrome as Avast! default browser in a system where Chrome is not installed.
As far as I remember from the "beta thread", its only purpose is to let Avast! open links using Chrome or alternatively the default browser. No relations with Safe Zone at all.

Cheers,
T.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:35:49 PM by Tetsuo »

jrace

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2011, 08:52:55 PM »

It wasn't my intention. I have never mentioned "Safe Zone" or "Autosandbox" in my original post/question.
I know this option is not related in any way with the browser of the Safe Zone. This is also the main reason why I asked about the presence of Do not use Chrome as Avast! default browser in a system where Chrome is not installed.
As far as I remember from the "beta thread", its only purpose is to let Avast! open links using Chrome or alternatively the default browser. No relations with Safe Zone at all.

Sorry man that was my mix up!

jrace

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2011, 09:04:49 PM »
Nice feature i would never mind on this nice one.

Sorry Mr. Agent I mixed something up:

The only purpose of that "Do not use Chrome as Avast! default browser" as also posted by Tetsuo
"is to let Avast! open links using Chrome or alternatively the" system "default browser. No relations with Safe Zone at all."

And this is correct!