Author Topic: ** NEW OFFICIAL AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE IS HERE ** VERSION 6.0.1203  (Read 188155 times)

pcclean3453

Re: ** NEW OFFICIAL AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE IS HERE ** VERSION 6.0.1203
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2011, 04:17:26 PM »
Updating now... so far, so good. ;)

Offline MayuraDeSilva

« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »
Hi,

Just updated avast! Internet Security over previous beta version. It's really awesome and improved performance of the Google Chrome on this official version.

AND I really really really really fell in love with latest avast! program update notification feature... I was awaiting for it from a long time ago and suggested several times to avast! Today when I saw it suddenly, I thought I was dreaming...

I Love avast! Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaahah.... :-*

Cheers...

disPlay

« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2011, 02:33:41 AM »
Updated everything went smooth,congratulations to the developers and the beta testers for their hard work.

Jack 1000

« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2011, 04:59:05 AM »
Just updated through the pop-up notice on Windows XP.  Works great!

One question?  Since I just updated over the previous version, I'm not going to get those credit check pop-up things that are like Life Lock, right?  How do I turn them off?  (Did not see them in the settings.)  I am using Avast 6 Free.  Or does that sign up offer come with new Avast installs only?

Jack

esoteric17

« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2011, 05:11:41 AM »
Love Avast - my A/V of choice.

- improved detection/removal of the most stubborn rootkits (TDL family)

Does that include detection/removal of the notorious ("nearly indestructible" per Kaspersky) TDL-4?

lord ami

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2011, 08:41:06 AM »

Does that include detection/removal of the notorious ("nearly indestructible" per Kaspersky) TDL-4?

I doubt they didn't add detection/removal for TDL-4. If they didn't, then when will they? Next program update? Don't think so :)

Tris.G

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2011, 09:50:43 AM »
I have been using  free Avast for a few years now. But after I have restore my CPU (Vista), like I do once a while, I suddenly start to get the error : 0xC004D401. I thaught it was the spybot antispyware. But after uninstalled the software, the error kept poping up still. Never had this problem before. Seems that the new Avast version is conflicting.

Anyway, this morning I have update with avast 6.0.1203. I will see how it goes. Otherwize I might just switch with an other anti-virus.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »

TDL4 also goes by the name Aluron and avast has that in its detections, it is often an MBR Rootkit and avast has a pretty effective tool to find and remove those (outside of windows) aswMBR.exe, but it isn't something that you should use without guidance.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

doodleavast

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2011, 01:59:09 PM »
Hello

Since the upgrade to version the Behavior Shield does not trace many incidents

It is run but before he recorded me 14 incidents when you start Windows, now just 1 secdrv.sys

This is normal or a malfunction.

I use Windows 7 Starter Edition

Thank you.

Hi everyone,
I have the exact same problem as describe above as well. The behavior shield only scan secdrv.sys after i upgrade to avast 6.0.1203. I am using window 7 ultimate 32 bit.

Can someone help??? Is this normal or something is wrong with avast???

Offline gtdurham

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »
I did the upgrade, but then I had problems with Raxco PerfectDisk version 8.0. I had to uninstall and use another defrag program. When this problem is corrected, I would like to re-install PerfectDisk.

Nesivos

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2011, 05:45:56 PM »

I doubt they didn't add detection/removal for TDL-4. If they didn't, then when will they? Next program update? Don't think so :)

4/16/2011  Microsoft Patch Disables TDL4 Rootkit on 64-Bit Windows

They also point that users of 32-bit Windows won't benefit from this update unless they install it manually, because TDL4 disables the Windows Update service on such systems.

For more see link.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Patch-Disables-TDL4-Rootkit-on-64-Bit-Windows-195418.shtml

Nesivos

« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2011, 05:50:28 PM »
I did the upgrade, but then I had problems with Raxco PerfectDisk version 8.0. I had to uninstall and use another defrag program. When this problem is corrected, I would like to re-install PerfectDisk.

I used PD for years up until V11.x then about three to six months ago I switched to "Smart Defrag" which is free and I love it. :) :)

I tried Puran a for a couple of days earlier this week and went back to Smart Defrag.  I have never tried Auslogics free defragger which a lot of people really like.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2011, 06:09:46 PM »
I prefer Defraggler by Piriform

http://www.piriform.com/defraggler

Nesivos

« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2011, 06:14:05 PM »

Ah, yes indeed.  Choices are a wonderful thing to have :)

I used Defraggler for a long time.  I used it along with Perfect Disk.

When I wanted to do a quick Defrag of a hard drive then I used Defraggler otherwise I just let PD do its thing which starting in PD11 IMO it no longer did very well. 

I kept Defraggler on my system when I switched over to Smart Defrag.  After using Smart Defrag for a couple of months I uninstalled Defraggler and have found no reason to reinstall it. ???

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:20:24 PM by Nesivos »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2011, 06:40:37 PM »

Ah, yes indeed.  Choices are a wonderful thing to have :)

I used Defraggler for a long time.  I used it along with Perfect Disk.

When I wanted to do a quick Defrag of a hard drive then I used Defraggler otherwise I just let PD do its thing which starting in PD11 IMO it no longer did very well. 

I kept Defraggler on my system when I switched over to Smart Defrag.  After using Smart Defrag for a couple of months I uninstalled Defraggler and have found no reason to reinstall it. ???

I mainly use it for quick file defragging after large in-uninstalls and it's boot time defragg which works extreemly well on 64 bit systems, thats it no more OT from me  :)