Author Topic: ** NEW OFFICIAL AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE IS HERE ** VERSION 6.0.1203  (Read 187900 times)

Offline avragorn

Re: ** NEW OFFICIAL AVAST PROGRAM UPDATE IS HERE ** VERSION 6.0.1203
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »
I just updated to the version 6.0.1203 .....
Everything seems to perfectly work, and Windows Media Player didn't become red, so the problem is resolved :)
Thank you very much for your amazing work :)
My configuration : Windows 7 Premium - INTEL I5 2500K - NVIDIA/MSI GTX 1050 TI 4gb - AVAST FREE EDITION 22.5.6015

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2011, 10:49:51 PM »
Everything seems to perfectly work, and Windows Media Player didn't become red, so the problem is resolved :)

we're glad to hear that ;) thanks for feedback!

Jack 1000

« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2011, 12:06:42 AM »
Hi everyone,

First timer here (a good thing for you guys I guess)

First off, I wanna thank the Avast staff for this amazing security software. My Avast 6 has always run very smoothly and done an excellent job keeping my PC safe.

However, the latest free version 6.0.1203 caused my win XP to hang at system start so I had to remove it and install the previous version.

My PC runs on XP SP3 with Avast Free Antivirus + Comodo firewall and never had an issue until now.

Any tips, suggestions?

Thanks

Greetings,

How did you install version 6.0.123?  Updating from the GUI or the pop-up?  Or by removing it from scratch?  If you are still having problems, and wish to upgrade to the newest version of the program, you might want to try the following:

1.) Uninstall the old version from Add/Remove Programs.
2.) Download a fresh version of Avast AV from www.avast.com
3.) Download the Avast Uninstall Utility, which can be found here: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
4.) Save the uninstall utility to your desktop or downloads folder.  Do the same with the fresh download of Avast from the website.
5.) Boot into Safe Mode and run the uninstall utility.
6.) Follow the prompts and reboot.
7.) Now install the latest version of Avast found on the Desktop or downloads folder.
8.) Follow the prompts.  Even if not asked to reboot, reboot again following the install when prompted, or about a minute or so after the demo version automatically updates.
9.) Following the reboot, wait for another minute or so, than open up the GUI, click on the Maintenance Tab, and fill out the form to get your license key.  Click submit.  If you ever need to reinstall the program, you MUST repeat the license key process.

That should take care of it.  The new version is supposed to work very well with Comodo Firewall.  Someone else, with Comodo Firewall, can show you how to allow the access ports to work with Avast, if you are still having problems after doing the above steps.  But you should be fine after this.

Jack
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:08:21 AM by Jack 1000 »

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2011, 10:59:55 AM »
I have to report one more bug in the Russian translation.

There is a mistake in one of the sentences in the pop-ups' section in Avast settings. Look at the screenshot below.

May the FOSS be with you!

Offline avragorn

« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2011, 12:57:46 PM »

we're glad to hear that ;) thanks for feedback!

I disturbed the team so much with that problem ... so I really had to give the feedback :)
Thank you very much again for your work and your kindness :)
My configuration : Windows 7 Premium - INTEL I5 2500K - NVIDIA/MSI GTX 1050 TI 4gb - AVAST FREE EDITION 22.5.6015

weppler

« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2011, 06:55:20 PM »
The latest Avast program update to 6.0.1203 makes Avast incompatible with PerfectDisk 11 and 12.

PDxx begins to load, but never finishes (several minutes).  Disk access is continuous during this time, and everything grinds to a halt.

Only disabling Avast's real-time shields before running PDxx seems to help.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2011, 07:40:01 PM »
weppler, did you try disabling avast behavior shield to test?
The best things in life are free.

mcaleck

« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2011, 10:54:42 PM »
Hi everyone,

First timer here (a good thing for you guys I guess)

First off, I wanna thank the Avast staff for this amazing security software. My Avast 6 has always run very smoothly and done an excellent job keeping my PC safe.

However, the latest free version 6.0.1203 caused my win XP to hang at system start so I had to remove it and install the previous version.

My PC runs on XP SP3 with Avast Free Antivirus + Comodo firewall and never had an issue until now.

Any tips, suggestions?

Thanks

Greetings,

How did you install version 6.0.123?  Updating from the GUI or the pop-up?  Or by removing it from scratch?  If you are still having problems, and wish to upgrade to the newest version of the program, you might want to try the following:

1.) Uninstall the old version from Add/Remove Programs.
2.) Download a fresh version of Avast AV from www.avast.com
3.) Download the Avast Uninstall Utility, which can be found here: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
4.) Save the uninstall utility to your desktop or downloads folder.  Do the same with the fresh download of Avast from the website.
5.) Boot into Safe Mode and run the uninstall utility.
6.) Follow the prompts and reboot.
7.) Now install the latest version of Avast found on the Desktop or downloads folder.
8.) Follow the prompts.  Even if not asked to reboot, reboot again following the install when prompted, or about a minute or so after the demo version automatically updates.
9.) Following the reboot, wait for another minute or so, than open up the GUI, click on the Maintenance Tab, and fill out the form to get your license key.  Click submit.  If you ever need to reinstall the program, you MUST repeat the license key process.

That should take care of it.  The new version is supposed to work very well with Comodo Firewall.  Someone else, with Comodo Firewall, can show you how to allow the access ports to work with Avast, if you are still having problems after doing the above steps.  But you should be fine after this.

Jack

Thanks for your help. I followed your instructions to the letter but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. The new version still slows down my PC almost to a stop (I didn't put it accurately before). My windows taskbar becomes very unresponsive and the whole system seems to be stuttering even though CPU usage looks normal.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:43:48 AM by mcaleck »

LunarWolf

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2011, 05:15:38 AM »
It seems that the BSOD that a lot of people experience is due to the new installer when doing a clean install. If one is upgrading from the GUI, there is not a problem.

I had the opportunity to test on another laptop with a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit with the installer for version 6.0.1203. It gives me a BSOD as well.

Nesivos

« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2011, 05:30:08 AM »
It seems that the BSOD that a lot of people experience is due to the new installer when doing a clean install. If one is upgrading from the GUI, there is not a problem.

I had the opportunity to test on another laptop with a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit with the installer for version 6.0.1203. It gives me a BSOD as well.

From the Avast Support Website

Blue Screens are caused by an error in some installed Windows driver. It can be either a program error or a hardware fault which the driver is unprepared to deal with. When the stop occurs, it is either presented as a "blue screen" message or the computer is automatically restarted.

During blue screen Windows creates a memory dump file, a snapshot of current memory status containing important information that may help us understand the cause of an error. Based on your configuration, it's either a small file (around 64KB) - a minidump - with the most important data, or larger file (with roughly the size of your installed memory) - a kernel memory dump or complete memory dump file.

Minidumps are created in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder, the file with a random name and a ".DMP" extension. Full memory dump is a file C:\Windows\Memory.DMP.

You can configure the options concerning the blue screens and the memory dump files creation in the System Properties Control Panel.

avast! antivirus contains several drivers. Although we test them carefully it is possibly there is a problem we are not yet aware of. If you believe your problem is caused by avast! you may send us the memory dump file for analysis. Minidumps are small enough to be sent by email (zipped and accompanied with a description of steps that cause the computer to stop). If you want to send us your complete memory dump, please use the public ftp server (at ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming) to upload the file.

For more info about upload larger files please refer to: https://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=18

http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=87

Offline davexnet

• Poster
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:50 AM »
I see there is a problem with latest Perfectdisk (Raxco), as well as my old version.(Vers. 7)
I wonder what PD is doing that is causing this incompatibility ?

I experienced the problem and I did not have the behavior shield installed at all.
Disabling all the shields alleviated the problem.

For now, I have uninstalled Avast! completely and put in MSE until this issue is fixed.
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free

fionaslove

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2011, 08:06:09 AM »
 :-\I updated to this version by the avast programme notification(ver. 6.01000). But after updated, my window works slow like worm! (I'm using Win XP) so I uninstalled it and reinstall back the ver 6.01 with my old installer and my Windows gets back to normal now. I will wait till the next ver. ~Hope can solve this problem  :'(

mcaleck

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »
:-\I updated to this version by the avast programme notification(ver. 6.01000). But after updated, my window works slow like worm! (I'm using Win XP) so I uninstalled it and reinstall back the ver 6.01 with my old installer and my Windows gets back to normal now. I will wait till the next ver. ~Hope can solve this problem  :'(

Looks like I'm not alone in this...

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2011, 02:11:55 PM »

See http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download#tab2
To run avast! Free Antivirus your PC must meet the following criteria.
Operating Systems Supported

Windows 7 (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
    Windows Vista (any Edition excl. Starter Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
    Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4

Minimum Hardware Requirements

Pentium 3 Processor
    128 MB RAM
    200 MB of free hard disk space

Please note that avast! Free Antivirus runs only on PCs with Windows XP and newer. Older Windows operating systems (Windows 95/98/ME/NT) are not supported.

Please also note that avast! will not run properly if you have other antivirus software on your PC.

It is also highly recommended that WinXP be updated to SP3 in order to receive the latest MS security updates.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2011, 02:14:59 PM »

Do you guys have Perfect Disk installed..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0