Author Topic: malicious url?  (Read 2067 times)

jkgh

malicious url?
« on: July 05, 2011, 04:45:12 AM »
ok so... ive been getting the avast pop up telling me its blocked a malicious url. the thing about it... it dose this even if im not browsing the internet. ive never used or heard of the sites its saying its blocking. i have ran a full scan on avast- followed the best option for what showed up- ive also run a full scan with superantispyware- also followed best options there-

im at a loss what to do now?? they wont stop poping up and are about to drive me up a wall :(

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: malicious url?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 06:18:35 AM »
can you post a screens shot of the pop-up

* download aswMBR.exe and save to desktop  http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exe
* double click aswMBR icon to run
* click scan, then "Save Log" and post it here in your next reply

com155

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:29:57 AM »

OK, another tool to check for other types of rootkit.

• Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Extract its contents to your desktop.
  • Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

• If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

• If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

• It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

• If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:31:19 AM »
why, when we have not recived the result / log from the first yet