Author Topic: JS:lstbar[Trj] Trojan  (Read 3103 times)

DHM100

JS:lstbar[Trj] Trojan
« on: October 26, 2004, 08:11:52 AM »
Has anyone seen this trojan virus?  At least I think it is a trojan.  Can't find anything about it.  Thanks!

Dean

jhiker

Re:JS:lstbar[Trj] Trojan
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 08:56:07 AM »
Avast has detected this for me too. It appears to be in the file:
C:Program Files/Alwil Software/Avast4/Data/prompt[1].htm

I moved it to the chest - can I simply delete it?

DHM100

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 09:21:05 AM »
It showed up in my Windows 32 system files, but it was attached to another file.  I knew it wasn't too important so I just deleted it.  I am pretty sure you delete yours too :)

Dean

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 02:34:56 PM »
Moving to the Chest, is your best first option (after repair if that doesn't work), you can recover from moving a file to the chest, you can't recover from deleting a file (that you don't think is too important) if you find you have made a mistake.

It also gives you time to investigate the problem, ask a question, etc.

The location seems strange, being within the avast4\data folder, unless that were within the avast4\data\chest folder. There is no prompt[1].htm in the location you gave in my avast4\data folder

It will probably be worth a visit to Eddy's HiJackThis Info and Analysis page, HiJackThis log file analyzer and follow the directions there for HiJackThis and get back to us if you need more help....
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security