Author Topic: Best operating system in your opinion?  (Read 13728 times)

msgreyberry

Best operating system in your opinion?
« on: July 05, 2011, 06:06:17 PM »
For me, it will always be Windows for user interface and many other things ;D I grew up with it since I was a kid. So what there's a lot of secrity holes? It's not Windows' fault if you get a virus.
And Macs are overpriced :(

Mr.Agent

Re: Best operating system in your opinion?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 06:30:08 PM »
Mac i feel its scam but in another way its beautiful. But if you want to do everything you must choice Windows of course.

msgreyberry

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 06:33:58 PM »
Mac i feel its scam but in another way its beautiful. But if you want to do everything you must choice Windows of course.

Agreed :D

DarkMasters

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 01:30:23 AM »
Windows 7 (currently) and Linux (Slackware or openSUSE).

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 02:21:48 AM »
Windows 7!!! ;D ;D
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

BRANDONN2008

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 02:27:58 AM »
Windows 7. I don't want to sound like a fanboy but Windows gets a bad rap. Yes it's $200 for the cheapest non-OEM one, but assuming you used it for 4 years before upgrading to Windows 8, that's only $50 a year. Also, almost all software works with Windows. Also better hardware support. I experimented with Linux and could not get a video card driver for my less than a year old video card. Yes I had a GUI always, but couldn't enjoy my monitor's full resolution. Also user-friendliness. MAC OS X is okay, but Linux again is horrible. The average user shouldn't have to mess with the command line or have to search online just to get basic things to work. Lastly, I know how to fix Windows if something goes wrong, though not always. MAC or Linux, I'm screwed!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 03:52:24 AM »
The best are the ones I have... I mean... Windows 7 and Ubuntu 11.04.
I could never put my hands on a Mac, I mean, all the times I need to replace my computer I receive another PC :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 03:54:36 AM »
Windows 7.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

msgreyberry

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 11:13:15 PM »
Well, all I can say is that I know plenty of people with Windows 7 and it looks and works great...! :D As for Linux, well, since nobody I met has/or even had this OS, it looks like I can't say anything about it.

But for me, Windows XP is the best ^^ or maybe Vista, since my other laptop has it...?

Anyways, it's Windows!

Offline OrangeCrate

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »
The best are the ones I have... I mean... Windows 7 and Ubuntu 11.04.
I could never put my hands on a Mac, I mean, all the times I need to replace my computer I receive another PC :)

That's my current setup at home, and I like both of them a lot. At the office, it's been the Ubuntu LTS versions - Dapper, Hardy, and now Lucid. One of our kids is a Apple fan, and I use an iMac when I visit. It's a nice operating system, and the hardware is beautiful, but, I wouldn't have any interest living in Steve Jobs' walled garden, so, Microsoft and Linux are enough for me.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:07:33 AM by OrangeCrate »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
Windows 7 most of the time. Google's Chrome OS some of the time when I'm using the cr-48. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

msgreyberry

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 12:19:57 AM »
Windows 7 most of the time. Google's Chrome OS some of the time when I'm using the cr-48. :)

I heard it's coming VERY soon to England....need to check it out  8)

spg SCOTT

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 12:37:27 AM »
I would say, Windows 7 for me. I never really liked XP, not sure why...
I find myself throwing windows about trying to get them to maximise on every machine I use...it's become second nature almost.

There are some things that I do like about other OSes though, having used linux a little, and a mac even less.

In linux, I like the way the scrolling works. (whatever window you hover over can be scrolled, active or not)
In mac, I like the way that some of the F buttons have clever features (like show all windows etc), and putting the mouse in one corner of the screen can invoke an action...

Just little things that are well thought out, that make an impression when you use them, and there are probably apps that can emulate the same, but never really looked...

disPlay

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 02:12:42 AM »
I love Linux Mint.
But I have to use windows for testing my developing applications  that occurs on linux.

sirMAXX

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 03:55:42 AM »
i didnt like windows when they cut dos out of the picture but i dunno im liking windows 7 and the only apple OS i liked was from an apple//c