Author Topic: Best Firewall (from all Angles?) with Avast AV Free...  (Read 33402 times)

rdmaloyjr

Re: Best Firewall (from all Angles?) with Avast AV Free...
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 02:38:43 PM »
Chicken Little can dance happily because he's well protected by avast! & ZoneAlarm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPaUUs-URqs&feature=related

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 02:43:50 PM »
Than try and lay an egg for the member of the ZA family if you know how to do it, while standing up doing little chicken indian rain dance at the same time and beside your head will explode ;D
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »
You're acting as though a piece of sky fell and hit you in the head.  ROFL

You're the only mouse I know that can lay an egg. ;D ;D ;D

Mr.Agent

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »
Another good firewall i like very much is PC Tools Firewall Plus. They offer a good light firewall and a good hips based on signatures so you wont be asked everything that is trusted to run in your pc... ;)

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 05:02:41 PM »
PC Tools Firewall Plus is bugware like OA fw. ::)

Mr.Agent

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 05:04:46 PM »
Neither of the two mentioned above did never do anything to any users i know that use it...

They even are happy with both of their features and that light usage.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 05:35:16 PM »
Actually pctools firewall is very good in my trialing of it, standard install with nothing touched and it passed all my tests 100% and was probably the lightest firewall iv ever tried, is also now owned by Symantec.
The only person that would call OA bugware would be a zone alarm fanboy who obviously has no real idea about a good firewall, rdmaloyjr you praised ZoneAlarm to everyone and it was the best thing since sliced bread but now you've moved on to unrated FortKnox  ::) ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 05:54:51 PM by craigb »

Mr.Agent

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 05:40:55 PM »
Actually pctools firewall is very good in my trialing of it, standard install with nothing touched and it passed all the known tests 100% and was probably the lightest firewall iv ever tried, is also now owned by Symantec.
The only person that would call OA bugware would be a zone alarm fanboy who obviously has no real idea about a good firewall, rdmaloyjr you praised ZoneAlarm to everyone and it was the best thing since sliced bread but now you've moved on to unrated FortKnox  ::) ;D

I think Symantec will got a good partner with them.

Never known that its 100 % the test nice job from them then. ;)

ZoneAlarm alway require a registration for it so im like is it really needed for a firewall that is free... They could do like make an auto registration or like avast! on UI that you can register and its activate you automaticly... But that would be of course pure copy and maybe dissapointed from avast! or Zone Alarm customers.

I can say first view of PC Tools make me a very easy to setup, use firewall and very light.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »
I should have mentioned that the tests i ran were shields up and the comodo leak test, percentage is not based on anything from matousec.
Yes that is the uncertain part as to what symantec are going to do with it, i did notice in the current release that there are some symantec files in the install so they have obviously added to it so hopefully they'll keep it going.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 06:18:28 PM »
Symantec file u mean in which release ? Beta/Stable/RC ?

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 06:49:49 PM »
Symantec file u mean in which release ? Beta/Stable/RC ?
The stable 7.0.0.123, was looking through the files last night and seen some that belonged to Symantec, cant remember which particular file it was, in one of the sub folders of pctools firewall in program files as the ones in users roaming were just logs.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
Wow ok you are really good in this case craig i never known lol. Maybe that because PC Tools is good because Symantec aint bad at firewall too. I can say in movies alway in computer i see Norton Internet Security... lol. You should notice i dont know the movie name yet but it is mostly happening.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 06:58:13 PM »
Cant say that i like norton myself ( bloated crap )  ;D but hopefully they keep the pctools firewall up to scratch and dont run it down with bloatware.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 07:13:51 PM »
I hope and im maybe thinking to change my mind on that Avira i feel that it is going on a red way just to see i seem to like less now lol... Just by now i feel to just kill my computer and say no worry Avira wont get you... Omg.

If they dont make change until the date they said for SP2 French then im off of them so another customer they lose (no a big big fan but still a customer and hundred of them will do like me lol)

Edit : I hope anti virus and anti malware... will add Avira as Adware lol. Would be funny.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »
I dont think norton is bloated. They arent partner with ask or uniblue at least. lol... Im now wondering who next will do like Avira... avast! ? I HOPE NO... Oh god i would kill my self just now lol. :(