Author Topic: Avast on Mac help  (Read 6352 times)

AdRock

Avast on Mac help
« on: July 06, 2011, 08:00:39 AM »
Hey I just recently downloaded Avast! 4 for my Mac and I started the scan immediately.  That was almost 48 hours ago and the scan is still running.  I admit that it is scanning all of my subsidiary drives, so is two whole days of scanning reasonable for a little over 600GB?

Also the Repair, Delete, and Move buttons are inactive and only the Finder button can be selected.  Are we waiting until the full release of the product before it will tackle deleting or fixing viruses/broken archives?

Running Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Avast on Mac help
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 03:38:44 PM »
Hey I just recently downloaded Avast! 4 for my Mac and I started the scan immediately.  That was almost 48 hours ago and the scan is still running.  I admit that it is scanning all of my subsidiary drives, so is two whole days of scanning reasonable for a little over 600GB?

Also the Repair, Delete, and Move buttons are inactive and only the Finder button can be selected.  Are we waiting until the full release of the product before it will tackle deleting or fixing viruses/broken archives?

Running Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hallo,
could you type (in terminal, 3 separate commands):
mount
df -h
ls -la /Volumes

... and send here the output? In the case that the scan is really stuck, could you identify the last-scanned (the stale line at the end of the list) file?

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

AdRock

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 01:23:01 AM »
Hey, sorry this has taken so long.  Here is the output generated to the command list you gave me.

(The computer is my roommates and he was out of town which is why it took so long.  Thank you for your understanding.)

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:05:20 PM »
Hey, sorry this has taken so long.  Here is the output generated to the command list you gave me.

(The computer is my roommates and he was out of town which is why it took so long.  Thank you for your understanding.)

Well, there's nothing that we can suspect as the culprit, in the log.
But, can you make a snapshot of the stuck still-scanning gui? (apple+shift+4, screenshot will appear as Picture_XXX.png at your desktop)

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)