Author Topic: Avast changes to server details  (Read 4431 times)

agatha

Avast changes to server details
« on: August 03, 2003, 01:22:59 PM »
Avast 4 has changed my ISP mail server adresses on Outlook Express 5.5 to 127.0.01

The ISP won't accept this, so I can't send/receive emails

Do I have to choose between my ISP and Avast?  Hope not.  Grateful for any advice.

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:Avast changes to server details
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 01:55:43 PM »
The IP-adress 127.0.0.1 is the adress of your own computer. Avast does it so its redirected your outlook to Avast Mailchecker. The Avast Mailchecker contains now your orginal ISP settings.
If i remember correctly( i do not use this avast feature) , you can set that back by using the Mailprotectionwizard again.

MfG Ralf

techie101

Re:Avast changes to server details
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 04:34:55 PM »
Avast 4 has changed my ISP mail server adresses on Outlook Express 5.5 to 127.0.01
As Raman has said, this is a normal operation of Avast, so the email can be redirected inside your own computer to the Avast mail scanner.

What do you mean by your ISP won't accept it.  Do you get some kind of error message?  Please let me know.
Do I have to choose between my ISP and Avast?  Hope not.  Grateful for any advice.

I will do what I can so you don't have too!!Avast normally does not interfere with sending or receiving email unless the proper SMTP, POP3 addresses have not been entered.  Have you checked these settings in the Mail Wizard?
How do you obtain your email.....POP3 or web based?  Keep in mind that Avast does not check Web based email unless that email is downloaded (redireted) to your computer via your mail client.

This information would also be helpful:
1.  What OS are you using:
2.  What ISP?
3.  Do you use a proxy server????
4.  What Mail client?  (Outlook Express, Eudora, MS Outlook etc.)

???

PS:  I have been off the board for awhile.  Have lots to do reconfiguring my computer, so I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Missed all of you and the interesting problems you present!  :'( haha
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 04:38:54 PM by techie101 »

sandy1400

Re: Avast changes to server details
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 08:54:10 PM »

I have similar problem with newly installed Avast!  But I can receive mail, just can't send any out.  I get error reports.  I don't use Outlook or MSN, but do use Earthlink as mail server.   

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast changes to server details
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 09:47:34 PM »
You've resurrected a three year old thread... Is avast set to scan the outbound mail? Which email program are you using?

I have similar problem with newly installed Avast!  But I can receive mail, just can't send any out.  I get error reports.  I don't use Outlook or MSN, but do use Earthlink as mail server.
The best things in life are free.