Author Topic: MALICIOUS URL BLOCKED! dances.us??? What is going on???  (Read 26120 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: MALICIOUS URL BLOCKED! dances.us??? What is going on???
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 01:11:50 PM »
Unfortunately bumping won't help as essexboy will still be at work, he normally doesn't get on the forums until around 7/8pm K time and it is currently 12:11pm (noon).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 07:11:32 PM »
That sounds like progress to me

As you are on the reatogo desktop, I would take this opportunity to backup anything important before we proceed
Download the attached scan.txt

From the Reatogo desktop run OTL
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start.
  • Double click the Custom scans and fixes box
  • In the dialogue locate the scan.txt you have on the USB
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved  in drive C:\OTL.txt
  • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system.
  • Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive. 
  • Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
  • You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
  • Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.

MumtazG38

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 07:05:59 AM »
 ???

MumtazG38

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 08:50:43 AM »
So....any ideas on how im going to get access to my computer back, or is that hoping for too much?  :'(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 02:39:49 PM »
To start with a) essexboy is in a different time zone (13:40pm local UK), b) he does this as a volunteer not an employee of avast software, c) he works for a living and is only able to get to the forums after work.

So a little patience will be required if that's not hoping for too much.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 07:39:01 PM »
I can now see the problem
========== Win32 Services (SafeList) ==========

========== Driver Services (SafeList) ==========

O20:64bit: - HKLM Winlogon: Shell - (explorer.exe) - File not found
O20:64bit: - HKLM Winlogon: UserInit - (C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe) - File not found
It looks like your system folder has been deleted.  You will need to backup all your documents and reinstall windows I am afraid 

MumtazG38

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2011, 10:18:43 AM »
Okay, reinstalling windows not working! I inserted the cd, went through the options and got pretty close to the very end of installation until one more restart and then it tells me there is no operating system. The exact message goes something like this:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.2.3(06/18/10)

Check cable connection!
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.....Missing Operating System_

???

This is getting worse than ever. Now what can I do? Thanks so much for helping me so far! Sorry if I keep seeming thankless...I'm really happy to have had your help thus far, I'm just really bummed about losing my computer, I can only hope that you can understand.

Is there anything I can do now? I just don't understand why it is telling me I am missing an operating system after it was this close to fully installing one! Why this message, why now? What can I do? Does this mean I won't even be able to install windows at all?

MumtazG38

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »
okay, so turns out I was being an idiot (what a surprise right?). I suspected maybe the fact that I had changed some of the settings in the BIOS for CD/DVD and made the flash drive second option if the cd/dvd option wasn't used so the moment I took the flash drive out and restarted it started up the new windows for the first time.

Now the only problem is that it seems that there are no or very few, very very basic drivers. I wonder if there is a place to download the proper drivers for my dell on the support site...

The weird thing is that the screen resolution is still a bit odd despite the fact that I set it up to the highest/largest just now, it still feels disproportionate or something. The icons are still huge...there is no DOCK, I can't get my wirless up and running, the wireless adapter seems to be non existant....so many things, hoping installing drivers from the dell support site will fix them all. ???

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »
Now the only problem is that it seems that there are no or very few, very very basic drivers. I wonder if there is a place to download the proper drivers for my dell on the support site...

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~ck=anavml
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Left123

• There Is No Patch For Human Stupidity.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Proud Community Member&Helper.
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2011, 12:43:02 PM »
okay, so turns out I was being an idiot (what a surprise right?). I suspected maybe the fact that I had changed some of the settings in the BIOS for CD/DVD and made the flash drive second option if the cd/dvd option wasn't used so the moment I took the flash drive out and restarted it started up the new windows for the first time.

The weird thing is that the screen resolution is still a bit odd despite the fact that I set it up to the highest/largest just now, it still feels disproportionate or something. The icons are still huge...there is no DOCK, I can't get my wirless up and running, the wireless adapter seems to be non existant....so many things, hoping installing drivers from the dell support site will fix them all. ???
Yes drivers will fix them all,i had the same problem with my XP and after dirvers installation,everything was fine.
Restart at the end of the installation?Oh god,i had the same problem ,it really gets on my nerves when it happens.Eventually,i gave up and  called a technician do the work.He said my vents were full of dust ;D.Needless to say that it costed me 150 $ >:(.
AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ - 2.20 GHz,3,00 GB RAM -
Browser:Mozilla Firefox +WOT - SoftWare:CCleaner - Windows 7 32 bit
No Anti-Virus

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2011, 01:08:13 PM »
Once you have done the driver thing, let me know of any outstanding problems and I will try to resolve them for you.

It appears that you are the only person that this has happened to (to the best of my knowledge) unfortunately as you had to re-install we may never find out the reason for this 

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2011, 03:55:46 PM »
Eventually,i gave up and  called a technician do the work.He said my vents were full of dust ;D.Needless to say that it costed me 150 $ >:(.

Well, next time you know better, as you'll get the info here for free. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

MumtazG38

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »
IT'S BACK!!!!!!! :o :o :o

Or, it simply never left! Okay, after I reinstalled windows 7 and got the drivers running, and backed up everything I could fit onto two separate 16gb usb flash drives. I immediately started browsing the web. I have to admit, for a good couple of days no redirection whatsoever...then suddenly WHAM! out of nowhere, redirect after redirect after redirect! I ignored it. I really did, it was hard I'll tell you. But I did. I didn't want to have to go through all the mess of things I had to the last time. Then I noticed that it is picking up now, now it redirects every first time I click any search engine links. I'm sick of it. I want it gone. I just don't want to lose my OS again in the process this time! What can I do about it. You know what, honestly. I have till the 27th, to send this laptop back to dell to get the hard drive fixed(they say it's corrupt or something after the phone tech talked me though some diagnostic tests). So that's paid for/free. That is, if I'm willing to go without my laptop for upto 2 weeks, or possibly more. Maybe they'll fix it for me. IDK. I have till the 27th, and I'm waiting exactly till then. But in the meantime....what can I do about this EFFIN redirect virus!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »
OK the only thing that will not change with a re-install is the MBR

Download aswMBR.exe ( 1.8mb ) to your desktop.
 Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it  Click the "Scan" button to start scan 

On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

MumtazG38

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 07:54:32 AM »
I remember doing this scan, falling asleep for a bit, and waking up to my computers death! Not to sound ungrateful or anything but....IDK about this... :-\

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't this scan. I just remembered, it was the combofix one. So Essexboy, you are right again, aswMBR.exe had nothing to do with the loss of my computers life! :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:02:30 AM by MumtazG38 »