Author Topic: What combo of security you use/like/want to see ?  (Read 10290 times)

Hard_ROCKER

Re: What combo of security you use/like/want to see ?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »
I recently installed Malwarebytes to go along with Avast! internet ....and found it gives me far to many false positives the first time I used it it gave me 12 false positive for files that I know are good and had in my computer for a couple of years no other Malware& antivirus software I used ever gave me warnings with these files. Glad was given 30 day free trial with it will uninstall it and perhaps give AD-Ware a try heard good things about that program. 8)

You can report false positives with MBAM here(you will have to register at their forum though):

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=42

Just out of curiosity, what programs\files are we talking about here ?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:53:08 PM by Darth.Mikey »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 09:06:52 PM »
I wouldn't give hard disk space to adaware. It might have been good a few years ago, but I don't believe it hasn't kept pace with malware developments.
+1 Ad-Aware is one huge resource hog to find tracking cookies?
I'll stick with avast,SAS and, MBAM.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
1. Im in avast! forum for a good reason its because i use avast! Internet Security and i like it. Also i used avast! long long ago. I wanted to try out on a virtual machine the combo i mentioned on my first post and i said that i like it. Even if i was using it on a real pc what would be the hell on that ?

2. Your arguements are taked on a bad sense and i think its not very welcome from AN Evangelist like you Bob i never known that from you.

3. I dont killed jesus so why look at me like "OH he use Avira" or "Omg he like Avira" DUDE ITS MY CHOICE AND MY LIFE !

4. I think everyone can use what they want. Its like if you say Norton on Avira website i dont think they will say "Omg why your there your a Norton user get out" is that how you welcome your users guys or girls ? Come on... Show me some maturity. Its like if you go on another country and you say im "American" and they say no your not allowed there... How you will react ? I dont think you will want to buy there or use their product.

5. There a user i know that use Avira here and i think he is like me he found good things about Avira same as avast! and its Omid. Doesnt mean he is a bad user there no only avast! on the market god !

Now be quiet !

Mr.Agent

Mr.Agent

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
If you like avira so much, take yourself off to the avira forums and try posting this, reversing the choice of AV and watch the blood boil.

Well i like it but no that long ago and found the forum and product just descripted well so i dont know what i will have to do on a website where i dont even know the product or to post for nothing else to it...

So its like a register, register, register when they arent needed for me. Here i came for one reason because avast! team and the forum looked awesome and i wanted to talk and learn more about the security. So if you tell me that my mind did give me wrong for the people is awesome then i think i might need to give up ? I think avast! by general wanted that users who use others products could share some others informations and interesting stuff no to b.... others and go on him like "All jump on him".

PS : If an avast! team could close this topic before this get a battle topic... I think im very very dissapointed that i only wanted to share with others their combo that will want and see for so they can comment about it... Well its General no ?

Mr.Agent
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:20:57 PM by Mr.Agent »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »
Support is a crucial side of any choice of AV, so if you like a competitive AV but not their support then you really are talking advantage of the good support given by the 'official' avast! support forums.

I really haven't a clue what it is that you like, first you say it is your favourite.
Quote from: Mr.Agent
Here my best combo that i like much.

Now you appear to be saying it was not that long ago, I don't know if that is because many have challenged you about effectively advertising a competitors product that you changed your mind ???

Quote from: Mr.Agent
Well i like it but no that long ago and found the forum and product just descripted well so i dont know what i will have to do on a website where i dont even know the product or to post for nothing else to it...

Its general, yes but you really are taking the pi** in what you posted in the avast support forums. You're very disappointed, how do think that we feel with your topic/1st post in a forum paid for by avast! somewhat more than very disappointed.

This is the avast support forum and this is hardly what I would call support but the reverse.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mr.Agent

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 04:52:18 PM »
You wont call support because you first war and cry at me because i wanted to share a combo that i like it (i like the combo but i got others with avast! also its easy to make a combo)

No long ago mean that its a new thing and i find more subjects on avast! than him. That normal because i use avast! and Avira does keep my eyes curious.

The topic wasnt really needed i know but wanted to share as i said with others some favorite combo they use or like... Yeah its an avast! forum but isnt General mean to be General about security ? I think its like others use comodo firewall will you say why do you post here then ? So i think that guy will just say "wow is that how he welcome the users ?" hmmm... Just now millions of users can take a look and say "why he cant just give up ? he like Avira and avast! its his choice...".

So DavidR are you there to help and enhance the discussion with users or just do like now and want to make the user just more ridiculous ? Tell me an answer on this because its this way i look now at all that argue with me and no avast! team of course i think i respect more them more than anything else. Of course some time im being ridiculous with those problems that i report but what i want me is the success of avast! even if it isnt my business because i know that market is one of the hard part in security and as you can see i think you taked the wrong way my topic.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:54:04 PM by Mr.Agent »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
Do you not see that in your suggestion it is a slap in the face for avast, particularly as they pay for this forum.

It has nothing to do with making you look ridiculous, just to get you to understand the point I made above as you are effectively advertising a directly competing product in the avast forums.

To look directly as to what the General forum is about you only need to read the description "anything and everything about this board" nothing about security, but the moderators haven't rigidly enforced that since the closure of the off-topic board, but this is stretching that leeway.

If you wanted to see what people liked then perhaps you should have worded the title differently "With Avast, what combo of security you use/like/want ?"
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mr.Agent

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 05:11:46 PM »
If avast! take that for a slap in the face then im very sorry...

The board is based on what ? avast! yeah but avast! is security...

Me advertising never ? If so what you do on updates is more than advertising because you link to the software and another its in GENERAL. Also your advertise on your signatures David... Ops its only your combo... lol...

Thank to clarify me that its not for make me ridiculous but sorry if i offensed you at this point its neither my point.

Oh also isnt wildersecurity the forum of NOD32 ? And people are advertising so much there. ;D

Mr.Agent

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »
You don't need my help to make yourself look ridiculous (as you mentioned before), you're doing a find job without my help.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 05:19:30 PM »
You know what your doing now David is a terrible offense to my eyes. Because also its about security and no anything else but + you come here with others to pitch me full posts because of a simple word "Avira"... Dont you see now like you see that you do more than a slap on the face on avast! than me... Its to argueings/harrasments you do to him do you think i got something good from the users here now ?

Do you think ?

If i was a customer that would have paid for like 1000 euros/us of product on avast! i think i would just say give back and take your license. No for offense but here its for help and i think if the user want to share his experience on a product without link and say here you can get % offer from .... then the user can. Its not for slap avast! that he want and its wasnt never my point for it ! Understand that.

Mr.Agent

Mr.Agent

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
If this is what David said for you avast! (slap to the face) then your free to delete/lock this topic.

And i give you my best sorry to all of your team... :(

Thanks,
Mr.Agent
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 05:43:37 PM by Mr.Agent »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »
Bye Bye  :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Mr.Agent

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 06:15:03 PM »
Bye Bye  :)

I wont give up bob dont worry. Its need more for me to say bye to avast! and i think avast! just want us to be happy and no like right now. I dont think they will be happy if you guys/girls dont stop and cease to harrass people because of topic like me that you so think "advertising". Its like pushing away the customers. If its was my business me i would do something right now to lock this and put a final post ! Its a recommendation that they should do now and its now or later is going to be nightmare.

They wont say bye bye to a customer like you did bob i think he will talk to him nicely and will say next time its could be more serious and i think its what you have should done before because your the only person that did start this fight and it isnt no craig.

Craig only wanted to point out his opinion and im happy that he dont follow all. He show how mature he is. So bob why post here again ? You know i hate to being repeated and repeated you know all the truth and i think David you should also understand that if you try to say im being ridiculous my self then your not better than him as your harrasing you two vs me so its like kinda chicken... Also wondering if you like chicken ? ;D

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 06:25:03 PM »
You guys actually understand Mr.Agent's posts? I take my hat off to you guys!

Mr.Agent

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 06:28:29 PM »
Well at least im trying and they are trying so we are both trying for each words that we say.

PS : Dont try a sarcasm its wont work with me.