Author Topic: How do I make Avast scan hard drive without stopping to ask questions?  (Read 3075 times)

tpg

Hi!

I can't find the solution that I'm looking for in the faq section so I'm posting my question here.

I am using Avast4 Home - simple interface.

Doing a thorough scan of my hard drive takes several hours, so I usually start the scan and then leave the computer to go elsewhere to do something else.

I have found to my dismay that when Avast detects a virus or something it thinks is a virus it stops the scanning process and asks a question of what you want to do next.

This is very inconvinient for me because I'm not around to answer the question!

How do I make Avast NOT ask me any questions until it has FINISHED scanning the ENTIRE hard drive FIRST, THEN it can produce a list of files it thinks is infected and only then lets me decide what I want to do with those files???

I can't afford to sit around waiting for Avast to ask me questions one by one while it is scanning because that would require me to sit in front of the computer for several hours just waiting to answer questions which I don't have the time for!

Yours sincerely,
tpg.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:How do I make Avast scan hard drive without stopping to ask questions?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 08:44:58 PM »
Well thats the way how Home Edition works. It has to be limited in some way(better this than engine itself). If you want more advanced options on virus detection,then consider about Professional Edition which offers predefinable actions on virus found (like: VIRUS DETECTED -> Repair -> IF FAILS -> Move to Chest/Delete)
This is just  sample,you have much more choices to select.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

whocares

Re:How do I make Avast scan hard drive without stopping to ask questions?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 08:58:46 PM »
Apart from this laudable configurability of the Pro-Version:
Automatic Actions on Malware-findings are not without risk:
even a Move-to-Chest can cause serious havoc for the inexperienced user sometimes..(e.g. after reboot)

;)