Author Topic: ODBC / XML  (Read 12084 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:ODBC / XML
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 09:37:37 PM »
Isn't 4.5 the Beta Version? If it is, I am still on the latest non Beta Version. I was waiting for the new release to come out. I did download the Beta version but was afraid to install it. It seems that when using XML, my Win98se re-start problem seems to go away. It hangs every once in a while and I have to shut down manually and restart it myself. Pc shutdown always seems to work fine though.

You could not download it... It's not available yet. You must follow the instructions:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=8044;start=0

4.5.504 is beta but very very stable and won't bring you troulble. Note that the email protection changed too. Now it's everything automatic. Please, set up your email account just as avast does not exists. It will detect the pop3/smpt/imap ports and scan your messages.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 09:38:31 PM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

LAB

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 09:41:17 PM »
Isn't 4.5 the Beta Version? If it is, I am still on the latest non Beta Version. I was waiting for the new release to come out. I did download the Beta version but was afraid to install it. It seems that when using XML, my Win98se re-start problem seems to go away. It hangs every once in a while and I have to shut down manually and restart it myself. Pc shutdown always seems to work fine though.

You could not download it... It's not available yet. You must follow the instructions:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=8044;start=0

4.5.504 is beta but very very stable and won't bring you troulble. Note that the email protection changed too. Now it's everything automatic. Please, set up your email account just as avast does not exists. It will detect the pop3/smpt/imap ports and scan your messages.

Are they automatic even for Win98SE? I thought I read something about it still being the same for Win95, Win98, and Win98ME.

When you say "Set it up as if Avast does not exist", do you mean to remove the 127.0.0.1 from Thunderbirds server settings?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 09:44:16 PM »
Are they automatic even for Win98SE? I thought I read something about it still being the same for Win95, Win98, and Win98ME.

Ooops. Sorry. Only Windows 2k/XP.

When you say "Set it up as if Avast does not exist", do you mean to remove the 127.0.0.1 from Thunderbirds server settings?

Yes. I mean this. Everything like avast! does not even exist. It monitors the ports that receive and send messages. Works like a charm  8)

LAB

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2004, 09:47:55 PM »

Ooops. Sorry. Only Windows 2k/XP.

Yes. I mean this. Everything like avast! does not even exist. It monitors the ports that receive and send messages. Works like a charm  8)

If I install the Beta Version, will I need to reset all my current settings? When the new release comes out, will Avast update to the new version again?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2004, 10:03:39 PM »
If I install the Beta Version, will I need to reset all my current settings? When the new release comes out, will Avast update to the new version again?

No, all settings will be keeped (or kept, how do we say this?).
It's just an update like the others. When final realease comes, it will be updated too. It's automatic, simple, secure... This is avast world  8)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 10:04:42 PM by Technical »

LAB

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2004, 10:12:40 PM »

No, all settings will be keeped (or kept, how do we say this?).
It's just an update like the others. When final realease comes, it will be updated too. It's automatic, simple, secure... This is avast world  8)

Cool, then I won't be afraid to try it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2004, 10:20:26 PM »
So, Cochise, see you in the 4.5 Beta forum (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=11)

Good luck  8)