Author Topic: How Do I Reinstall Avast on A REPLACEMENT Computer w/3PCs+2 years Subscription?  (Read 3003 times)

avastconspiracy

Hello,

I have to replace the harddrive on my laptop.  I now have Avast installed on my current laptop and on my desktop.  I bought the 3pcs+2years Avast software license.  My question is, if I replace my harddrive, how can I "unsubscribe" my old harddrive (or do I have to) in order to ensure that I still have only 2 pcs actively making use of the 3pcs+2years software license?  I don't want to throw away a license, so to speak, just in case I happen to get a third computer.  And I'm afraid that if I just re-download the Avast software and subscribe again, I'll have maxed out my 3pcs limit (when only using it on 2 pcs).

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You are allowed x instances of avast 'currently' installed (x being the number of PCs on your license), so you can replace the hard drive on your laptop and use the existing license (that will give you the same expiry date as before.

So presumably you will be/have erasing/erased the old HDD before disposal/reuse elsewhere.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

avastconspiracy

You are allowed x instances of avast 'currently' installed (x being the number of PCs on your license), so you can replace the hard drive on your laptop and use the existing license (that will give you the same expiry date as before.

So presumably you will be/have erasing/erased the old HDD before disposal/reuse elsewhere.

Yes, the bolded part is correct.  If the license is based on what is "currently installed", then that is perfect!  Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security