Author Topic: AutoSandbox does not work in Version 6.0.1289 and Windows XP 64 bit  (Read 7080 times)

jerry23

Re: AutoSandbox does not work in Version 6.0.1289 and Windows XP 64 bit
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 12:05:46 PM »
Guys I am well aware of the difference!

I work for large corporation that expressed the desire to purchase the product asking me to check tech support for it,monitoring the replies on the RAS connection. The following is I what I was allowed to leave as my statement.

1)The average consumer has to go pass the series of put downs and insults prior to getting the straight answer.

2)This young company has a lot to learn about ethics.( No wonder it's corporate sales are very low).I was dropping hints left and right.

3)Take an educated guess what the Corporation decided to do. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:10:55 PM by jerry23 »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: AutoSandbox does not work in Version 6.0.1289 and Windows XP 64 bit
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »
Sorry, but you don't want to hear the answers... which I gave you in the first post. Therefore, you shouldn't be surprised by what you get, especially on a public forum where most answers come from avast! users.

I installed version 1203 on WinXP x64 - and no, the sandbox doesn't work.
Yes, I get the AutoSandbox popup - but after choosing "Open in sandbox", the test application runs normally - the registry key, and also the file in the root of the C: drive, is created.

As for 32bit XP, there's no need to remove any functionality from there, because it does work, via hooking. However, hooking is not possible on XP x64 because of PatchGuard, and XP x64 doesn't have the necessary (additional) API to use instead of hooking, because it wasn't added before Vista.

Edit: as for the "young" company... really not sure how you came to that conclusion.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:16:53 PM by igor »