Author Topic: I Have A Problem Avast Support Could Not Fix. Could you help, please?  (Read 23278 times)

Daris

Re: I Have A Problem Avast Support Could Not Fix. Could you help, please?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »
Hey Guys!!!  Glad things are starting to work out....

I been  using CCleaner for about 4 years or so..You can download it at Pirform dot com Or which Usually gets you to Cnet dot com...And you can get more info on CCleaner on Cnet ....Mine is set on <Cleaner> "Windows" and "Applications" All check marks ON except ""Wipe Free Space....<Registry> All checks ON ...I'm On Windows XP and never had any problems...
I also Use "Eusing Free Reg Cleaner...It is also very light on your Registry and Never had issues..
Couple good portable cleaners are Glary Utillities, Wise disc cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner...
   I tried Comodo Cleaner and found it very aggressive and wouldn't use it again..But I have nothing against other Comodo programs

For Your ERRORS Mine have been all Good with No Errors at all, for the last 7 months or so ...I Use the (UPHCleaner) User Profile Hive Cleaner  which is a FREE Microsoft Tool that you can Google and install for your version of Windows...It will Fix your ERRORS....Basically downloads and runs in your "Services" 
Have fun, and Safe Surfing!!!!

avastconspiracy

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 03:53:51 PM »
Hey Guys!!!  Glad things are starting to work out....

I been  using CCleaner for about 4 years or so..You can download it at Pirform dot com Or which Usually gets you to Cnet dot com...And you can get more info on CCleaner on Cnet ....Mine is set on <Cleaner> "Windows" and "Applications" All check marks ON except ""Wipe Free Space....<Registry> All checks ON ...I'm On Windows XP and never had any problems...
I also Use "Eusing Free Reg Cleaner...It is also very light on your Registry and Never had issues..
Couple good portable cleaners are Glary Utillities, Wise disc cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner...
   I tried Comodo Cleaner and found it very aggressive and wouldn't use it again..But I have nothing against other Comodo programs

For Your ERRORS Mine have been all Good with No Errors at all, for the last 7 months or so ...I Use the (UPHCleaner) User Profile Hive Cleaner  which is a FREE Microsoft Tool that you can Google and install for your version of Windows...It will Fix your ERRORS....Basically downloads and runs in your "Services"  
Have fun, and Safe Surfing!!!!

Hi Daris,

Thank you for all the info.  Just to be clear, could I ask you are you advising that I use both the UPHCleaner (to correct errors?) and the CC cleaner (to clean the registry?)?  And for the UPHCleaner, I have only been able to locate the version 1.6g, which seems to require either Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP.  I have Windows 7.  Do you know if there is a version, somewhere out there, for Windows 7 users?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:28:39 PM by avastconspiracy »

avastconspiracy

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 03:54:44 PM »

Scott,

Success!  I uninstalled/reinstalled Avast.  Now, I no longer have an action message saying Windows could not find antivirus software.  Hopefully all is resolved.

Thank you very much for your help.  

You're welcome, even if I didn't quite give you the final solution :)

Logos

Yes it is true what I wrote.  I thought it was strange that the Avast/Iyogi people could not help me and suggested I buy some additional year-long service for $169.  I already have Dell 24/7 next day business support, and I just bought Avast 2 year/3pcs subscription, so I'm not looking to spend more money. When I said I wasn't interested, the Iyogi person said they couldn't help me any futher.  And that was that.

But I am happy now because it seems to be okay now because I no longer have a message that says Windows can't find antivirus software.

I understand now that it was a bit of a scare tactic from Iyogi, but I may still ask Dell support to go over the Event Viewer errors and warnings with me later on.

Regarding iYogi, have you emailed Adam Riley? (address in my post above)
He would like to hear about incidents like this, and to his credit, from reading his post on the forum he does act on the comments of the users.

This particular case is new for me, since that sounds very much (pretty much word for word regarding the event viewer) like the scam phone calls going on here...

I have another question now that I have uninstalled/reinstalled avast; but maybe its best I start a separate thread?  I don't know.  If you or Scott or Craig or Gonzo could tell me in this thread, I'd appreciate it.  If not, I'll start a new topic:

After I reinstalled, I got two pop ups from Avast (that I don't remember seeing when I first installed Avast) that said it had established new rules, one for internet explorer (when I opened it) and one from firefox (another pop up when I opened it).  

Under Application Rules, I see that rule for Internet explorer has been set to "Friends In and Internet Out (otherwise auto-decide)"; but for Firefox it has been set to "Friends in/out (otherwise auto-decide)."  Why did it select different rules for the two internet browsers?  Which rule is the best rule to apply to both internet browsers?

For your last question sorry, I'm a free loader, I have the free version No firewall for me ;D
(there are a lot of AIS users here though, so you will get an answer)

Scott,

I just emailed A.Riley.  If I get a response, I'll let you know.  I'll ask about the appropriate application rules for internet browsers in a new post a bit later.  Thanks again!   :)

Good morning,

For anyone watching this post, I have replied directly to the OP and hope to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Best regards,
Adam Riley
avast! Third Party Support Manager

Adam,

I received your response this morning.  Thank you again.

ady4um

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Just to be clear, could I ask you are you advising that I use both the UPHCleaner (to correct errors?) and the CC cleaner (to clean the registry?)? 
@avastconspiracy,

I don't mean to introduce more confusion, and of course you are free to choose whatever tool you want to run. I just thought that you can hear a different perspective on the "cleaners" issue.

Some users use some or all those "cleaners". I myself use CCleaner for some specific goal.

But you can find many reports of "some" cleaner making more trouble than good, and for each user that "some" will be different.

So what you can also find are recommendations just in the opposite direction of some of those you found here in this topic. That "opposite" recommendation would be: do NOT run any "cleaner" unless you have a specific problem and you know exactly what to do with the "cleaner" so to solve that problem.

Since your original problem was resolved by running the uninstall tools of your previous antivirus and by running the Setup tool of Avast, then you don't currently need to clean any specific object.

So my point is that running any of those cleaners "could" potentially be good, but the risk of unwillingly making "bad" is certainly there, in any one of those so called "cleaners", specially when you don't have the knowledge to differentiate one specific item (to be clean) from the other (which can give you more headaches).

As I said, this is just a different perspective.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »
@avastconspiracy
The User Profile Hive Cleaner doesn't work on windows 7.

The User Profile Hive Cleaner and CCleaner are entirely different and 'even if' it worked with win7 there wouldn't be a problem in having both.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

avastconspiracy

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 05:08:30 PM »
Just to be clear, could I ask you are you advising that I use both the UPHCleaner (to correct errors?) and the CC cleaner (to clean the registry?)? 
@avastconspiracy,

I don't mean to introduce more confusion, and of course you are free to choose whatever tool you want to run. I just thought that you can hear a different perspective on the "cleaners" issue.

Some users use some or all those "cleaners". I myself use CCleaner for some specific goal.

But you can find many reports of "some" cleaner making more trouble than good, and for each user that "some" will be different.

So what you can also find are recommendations just in the opposite direction of some of those you found here in this topic. That "opposite" recommendation would be: do NOT run any "cleaner" unless you have a specific problem and you know exactly what to do with the "cleaner" so to solve that problem.

Since your original problem was resolved by running the uninstall tools of your previous antivirus and by running the Setup tool of Avast, then you don't currently need to clean any specific object.

So my point is that running any of those cleaners "could" potentially be good, but the risk of unwillingly making "bad" is certainly there, in any one of those so called "cleaners", specially when you don't have the knowledge to differentiate one specific item (to be clean) from the other (which can give you more headaches).

As I said, this is just a different perspective.

ady4um,

Thank you for your response.  That's quite a bit to think about.  Not sure what to do now.  :-\  Maybe I'll just research the cleaners a bit more and think more on it.  Thank you again for the info. 

avastconspiracy

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 05:10:18 PM »
@avastconspiracy
The User Profile Hive Cleaner doesn't work on windows 7.

The User Profile Hive Cleaner and CCleaner are entirely different and 'even if' it worked with win7 there wouldn't be a problem in having both.

Ok.  Thank you for the info. Do you happen to know why the stopped support for the UPHC in Windows 7? Just curious.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 06:18:18 PM »
I have no idea, I guess they think that it isn't needed in win7 as it has its own cleanup when you shutdown.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Ravi Neb

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 09:21:45 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and comments, my name is Ravi Neb and I am responsible for Avast Support at iYogi. I had provided my details on the forum earlier as well but in case you don’t have it you can reach me on directly ravi.neb@iyogi.com whenever you come across any issues related to iYogi services. I would also like to assure you that your feedback is very important to us and its delivered to  techs on an ongoing basis to improve the quality of support. For this specific complaint, I will get the complete case analyzed and take appropriate action if the tech is found to be at fault.

Please feel free to contact me directly if the problem is still not resolved and I'll make sure all your problems are resolved.

Thanks allot for your feedback and support.

Regards,

Ravi Neb

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 09:27:57 AM »
Ravi,
It would be nice and possible beneficial if you post the results
of your analysis in this post.
This way, the post not only states the complaint but also the resolution.
Regards
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Ravi Neb

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 09:30:38 AM »
Sure Bob, I'll do that..

Regards,

Ravi Neb

avastconspiracy

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 03:40:43 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and comments, my name is Ravi Neb and I am responsible for Avast Support at iYogi. I had provided my details on the forum earlier as well but in case you don’t have it you can reach me on directly ravi.neb@iyogi.com whenever you come across any issues related to iYogi services. I would also like to assure you that your feedback is very important to us and its delivered to  techs on an ongoing basis to improve the quality of support. For this specific complaint, I will get the complete case analyzed and take appropriate action if the tech is found to be at fault.

Please feel free to contact me directly if the problem is still not resolved and I'll make sure all your problems are resolved.

Thanks allot for your feedback and support.

Regards,

Ravi Neb

Thank you Ravi.  I would like to use Avast's support; but was a bit put off by my initial experience.  I would be grateful to know more about why the Iyogi person I spoke to handled my call the way he did.  I will follow this thread to see your response.

avastconspiracy

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2011, 04:52:17 AM »
Sure Bob, I'll do that..

Regards,

Ravi Neb

Hello Ravi,

Would you mind a quick update on what has transpired since your last post?

Thank you

avastconspiracy

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 12:33:49 AM »

Scott,

Success!  I uninstalled/reinstalled Avast.  Now, I no longer have an action message saying Windows could not find antivirus software.  Hopefully all is resolved.

Thank you very much for your help.  

You're welcome, even if I didn't quite give you the final solution :)

Logos

Yes it is true what I wrote.  I thought it was strange that the Avast/Iyogi people could not help me and suggested I buy some additional year-long service for $169.  I already have Dell 24/7 next day business support, and I just bought Avast 2 year/3pcs subscription, so I'm not looking to spend more money. When I said I wasn't interested, the Iyogi person said they couldn't help me any futher.  And that was that.

But I am happy now because it seems to be okay now because I no longer have a message that says Windows can't find antivirus software.

I understand now that it was a bit of a scare tactic from Iyogi, but I may still ask Dell support to go over the Event Viewer errors and warnings with me later on.

Regarding iYogi, have you emailed Adam Riley? (address in my post above)
He would like to hear about incidents like this, and to his credit, from reading his post on the forum he does act on the comments of the users.

This particular case is new for me, since that sounds very much (pretty much word for word regarding the event viewer) like the scam phone calls going on here...

I have another question now that I have uninstalled/reinstalled avast; but maybe its best I start a separate thread?  I don't know.  If you or Scott or Craig or Gonzo could tell me in this thread, I'd appreciate it.  If not, I'll start a new topic:

After I reinstalled, I got two pop ups from Avast (that I don't remember seeing when I first installed Avast) that said it had established new rules, one for internet explorer (when I opened it) and one from firefox (another pop up when I opened it).  

Under Application Rules, I see that rule for Internet explorer has been set to "Friends In and Internet Out (otherwise auto-decide)"; but for Firefox it has been set to "Friends in/out (otherwise auto-decide)."  Why did it select different rules for the two internet browsers?  Which rule is the best rule to apply to both internet browsers?

For your last question sorry, I'm a free loader, I have the free version No firewall for me ;D
(there are a lot of AIS users here though, so you will get an answer)

Scott,

I just emailed A.Riley.  If I get a response, I'll let you know.  I'll ask about the appropriate application rules for internet browsers in a new post a bit later.  Thanks again!   :)

Good morning,

For anyone watching this post, I have replied directly to the OP and hope to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Best regards,
Adam Riley
avast! Third Party Support Manager

Hello,

I was hoping you could respond here or by email and let me know the outcome of your investigation into my support call gone awry.  I emailed you a follow up request for info about two weeks ago but haven't heard back.  Perhaps you watch these boards. If so, could you provide an update?

Thanks,

avastconspiracy

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 12:34:54 AM »
Sure Bob, I'll do that..

Regards,

Ravi Neb

Hello,

You had promised to post here the results of your investigation at Iyogi.  Would you please do so?

Thanks!