Author Topic: I Have A Problem Avast Support Could Not Fix. Could you help, please?  (Read 23419 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: I Have A Problem Avast Support Could Not Fix. Could you help, please?
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
For sake of further clarity to all users Avast will also publish a Scope of Support soon for iYogi which will help everyone understand what support is available free vs. paid.

Good step, but overdue.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2011, 07:21:25 PM »
For me I would like to see the practice of looking in the event viewer ceased, unless it is absolutely related to the problem the end user is asking about.

The Event Viewer is full of non-serious issues and even those with a Red Errors are on little consequence. Actual hard errors displayed to the screen are a different matter.

I shudder to think what iYogi would make of my event viewer should I ever let them look in it, I had 5 of them 5 days ago in the Application section which were related to a failed .msi install and that was displayed to the screen a missing file and essentially nothing I could do about it.

Perhaps it would be advisable to clear all event logs before contacting iYogi.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ady4um

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2011, 10:15:51 PM »

Two bad things don't necessarily make the result to be good :).

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2011, 10:21:55 PM »
Event logs do carry usefull information, sometimes.  I always give them a quick look on the OTL logs, but that is purely to get a feel for any underlying problems   

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2011, 11:13:03 PM »

Two bad things don't necessarily make the result to be good :).

If only there were only two bad things, there are many such instances where there is a fishing expedition into the event viewer as a reason for further work/investigation/justification to sell the support package.

I can't recall how many tines I have seen it in the forums and reported it to Adam, but it is certainly enough to see that is a pattern of the many of the complaints in the forums. I appreciate we only see those who have had a problem and then only those that actually take the extra step to register on the forums and complain.

Whilst my comment about clearing the event viewer before contacting iYogi was more tongue in cheek, there really shouldn't be any fishing in there unless it is specifically related to the avast end users reason to contact iYogi.

Perhaps they should have visited the iYogi youtube pages first, they may only have needed to remove a toolbar, more tongue firmly in cheek.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

avastconspiracy

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »
Why won't Adam respond to my emails requesting follow-up?  Have they both simply provided a lip-service "We'll look into it" response in a vain attempt to assuage fears and divert attentions?  Iyogi's representative, who is in the service of Avast, said --  in this very thread -- that he would tell us the results of his investigation and the resolutions.  Adam told me in an email he would look into this as soon as possible. And yet, no follow up?  Why?  If you are in the know, could you please, please, please have them respond to this thread and tell us the resolution of this, as they promised?  

Hi,
I have just seen this posting.  I did indeed reply to your email over the summer directly in the same way as I had replied to the previous emails.  I am very sorry you did not receive it, but I still have it in my sent items box and it is showing as sent sucessfully.

I have just sent you a further email in the past 5 minutes so please do let me know if you get this.

Thanks,
Adam

Why won't Adam respond to my emails requesting follow-up?  Have they both simply provided a lip-service "We'll look into it" response in a vain attempt to assuage fears and divert attentions?  Iyogi's representative, who is in the service of Avast, said --  in this very thread -- that he would tell us the results of his investigation and the resolutions.  Adam told me in an email he would look into this as soon as possible. And yet, no follow up?  Why?  If you are in the know, could you please, please, please have them respond to this thread and tell us the resolution of this, as they promised?  

Hi,
I have just seen this posting.  I did indeed reply to your email over the summer directly in the same way as I had replied to the previous emails.  I am very sorry you did not receive it, but I still have it in my sent items box and it is showing as sent sucessfully.

I have just sent you a further email in the past 5 minutes so please do let me know if you get this.

Thanks,
Adam

Hello,

I received your email correspondence of this morning. Thank you for your responses.

Dear User,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was travelling with no access to my mails and required information, we got your interaction analyzed and there was a process error made by the agent which the entire entire team including him have been coached on.

The other issue you see in this thread have already been notified to our team and will will work with the user to resolve any pending issues/concerns.

For sake of further clarity to all users Avast will also publish a Scope of Support soon for iYogi which will help everyone understand what support is available free vs. paid.

Thanks and apologies again for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ravi Neb

Adam,

As I said yesterday, I appreciate your responding to this forum and to my emails.  I also appreciate your offer to assist me with any ongoing/further issues.  But I must say, as a customer, my reaction to Ravi's post is that I am unconvinced. I did a google search on iYogi+scam this morning and I searched this forum as well.  Strangely -- perhaps stupidly -- enough, I had assumed my experience was unique, or at least atypical.  I was wrong.  Now I see Avast has been aware of iYogi's tactics for at least a year (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=62517.0). And neither Avast nor iYogi has done anything that has prevented the same scare/high-pressure/scam tactics from continuing to occur.  

What I do see is the same thing happening, over an over again.  Someone complains on this board. Immediately they are told how seriously Avast takes such complaints and instructed to contact them right away.  Avast/Iyogi shows up to reassure that everything will be taken care of and proceeds to promise to make sure it never happens again. Then it happens again and again and again.  I feel like they... like I am being led down the garden path. And I am sorely disappointed.

In the email correspondence intiated by you yesterday, I stated that I can't help but wonder why Avast is allowing this continue.  Perhaps now I understand.  I might wager no small sum that Avast has explicitly agreed to let iYogi continue to do its "sales pitch", as part of the provision of so-called "free" Avast support.  That would explain why Ravi finds it necessary to  provide Avast users with "a Scope of Support ... which will help everyone understand what support is available free vs. paid."  You know, nothing in my original support request warranted "paid" support from Iyogi. And I would wager the same is true for the vast majority of Avast customers who are forced to contact iYogi for "Avast customer support." We don't need a high-pressure sales pitch/scam.  We just need to know, e.g., how to correctly install Avast, for Christ sakes! But it seems even that minimal level of "support" remains, even today, subject to iYogi's machinations.

Shameful! I wonder if the savings Avast might get from using such a shady operation as its "support team" are really worth the loss of regard and reputation it suffers with each passing minute it is aligned with that organization.  Is it really worth it?

I'm sure you, or perhaps some of those reading this post, will say I am over-reacting, being extreme, harsh, etc., etc. But I am absolutely incensed right now.  As I said yesterday in our email correspondence, it is outrageous that I have paid Avast my hard-earned money for a 2 year 3/computer subscription but I can't even call the support line for fear of being conned by the support team that supposedly comes along with this product.  It really is outrageous.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:48:03 AM by avastconspiracy »

ady4um

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 12:17:54 PM »
@avastconspiracy,

Although I indeed share some of you opinions, I just want to point out something.

If you search for iYogi + scam, or if you search this forum, you would probably get the impression that "it's ALL a disaster / poor support service".

That is because you won't find the "good cases" (if there are such) with that search. I doubt you would find "good cases" with *any* search. Even if the "good cases" exist (which I don't know), it would be hard to find independent people saying "my experience was excellent/good/positive".

Regarding the search in this forum, something similar would happen. Most users would come here seeking for help with some problem. How many would you find saying "I'm OK"? :)

So the impression in these searches can be missleading.

But, to be perfectly clear, I'm not saying your impression of the situation is wrong. I am simply saying it would be hard to get a different one.

I am a simple user as almost all forum members here, so I don't have any independent statistics about how Avast is doing. But I do know that, over the years, there are still millions of users using Avast, and most of them don't have the need to seek for help, since Avast is correctly working for their expectations. But, that is not to demean any user having problems, or any failed support that was rightfully expected, and this is specially valid for any paying customer (in any business).

Horsewoman

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2011, 10:03:38 AM »
There was nothing concerning in event viewer on our computer, in fact not even one critical error. Yet iyogi claimed it was evidence of serious issues with the computer. Not only that but they claimed they could do nothing to help with the Avast issue, saying it was caused by the serious problems the computer had, and the only way they could help with that was if we paid their annual fee.

My husband has not received any response to his email yet.