Author Topic: The virus database update do not work.  (Read 6907 times)

gaetan8888

Re: The virus database update do not work.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 12:58:50 AM »
So, nothing new. The same recommendations. The same questions from forum users, that probably will receive the same answers of the previous posts of this same topic.

Proxy?
Dial up modem?
Automatic database updates?

Did you used the Clean Uninstall tool of Avast under Windows Safe mode so to delete all previous traces of Avast, before running the latest installation?

Do you still have old Avast files in the Windows temp folder after the Clean Uninstall?

Please read the previous suggestions (specially using the clean uninstall tool under Windows Safe Mode).

Hello

Yes, I've done as you suggest.

I did used the Clean Uninstall tool of Avast under Windows Safe mode.

All previous traces of Avast was deleted before running the latest installation.

And I have done you 3 other suggestions.

So, it's another thing who do that update problems.

How about getting myself, manually, the updates on the Avast web site, where are
those update files in the Avast web site ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

ady4um

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 01:42:07 AM »
I did used the Clean Uninstall tool of Avast under Windows Safe mode.

All previous traces of Avast was deleted before running the latest installation.

And I have done you 3 other suggestions.

So, it's another thing who do that update problems.

How about getting myself, manually, the updates on the Avast web site, where are
those update files in the Avast web site ?

Do you still have old Avast files in the Windows temp folder after the Clean Uninstall? Try to delete them under Windows Safe Mode.

If the problem is somewhere else, then it could be almost "anything", from your internet cache (which you should delete), your internet connection, or the specific Avast server you are connecting to (and/or MANY other things).

If you are asking about how to perform a "manual update", as oppose to an automatic update, then right click the Avast tray icon and select to update. This downloads around 200KB, when a new database update is actually available.

You can download the entire database from http://www.avast.com/virus-update-history (not 200KB, but around 30MB, much bigger), but after applying the update, the problem might return tomorrow (or it may not, who knows).

If you can, try the database download, and please report back. If that doesn't work (you will only know in 12 to 24 hours, after reboot), someone from Avast Team might need to come to this topic and request for some specific logs from you. So, again, please report back to get the help you need.

gaetan8888

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 05:12:03 AM »
Hello

I'm surprise, tonight the automatic Avast database update work perfect !

I just hope it will keep working good.

Thank all

Bye

Gaetan