Author Topic: Addendum to False positive, pcftofon.exe infected by Win32:malware-gen  (Read 1848 times)

aachari

Addendum: I cannot force the infected files to repair, delete ot put to Chest. The program returns that it cannot be done with an error number. Every time I do a boot time scan it reports the name of the two infected files but I cannot take any action.

A boot time scan with AVAST 6.0  on my computer, XP home edition reports
          Two files infected
1.   C:\System volume information\_restore………\A0441292.msi|>Data1.cab|>pcftofon.exe infected by Win32: malware-gen
2.   . C:\Winnt\ downloaded installation……\x-Win32-7.1.msi.|>data1.cab| pcftofon.exe infected by Win32: malware-gen

Are these falae positives?

x-Win32-7.1: I downloaded this software for a program called putty to connect to unix machines. I have uninstalled this program.

Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
This should go in your original topic, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=81789.0, keeping all information together.

Just copy and paste it and don't add anything to this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security