Author Topic: avast internet security won't autostart upon login  (Read 9437 times)

bilpo

Re: avast internet security won't autostart upon login
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 11:08:59 PM »
well i found out what the problem is. it turned out that a worm was interferring with the installtion of avast >:(. the worm prevented avast installation from properlly finishing and then restarted my computer (tricking me into thinking that avast had restarted my computer), so thats why avast never autostarted upon login.

Avast needs to do something about this so that future users don't come across the same problem that i had.

I would suggest a feature: before the installation actually begins, there should be a check box which says the following "Randomize the installed file name of avast (check this box if you think you are infected, if you are unsure if you are infected or not check this box anyway)". Now i'm no malware expert but i'm presuming that the worm would not have been able to mess up the avast installation if there was such a feature.
note:prevx has such a feature

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 11:27:33 PM »
Tis a moot point that - lets flag this for the Avast boys and girls

bilpo

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 11:44:18 PM »
its hard to make such a good product like avast better. but there are allways small things that make great product better. i hope my suggestion is implemented in future versions of avast (the sooner the better!)

Durrz

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 03:33:04 AM »
Hi bilpo,

I just want to ask what kind of worm did you encounter and how did you get rid of it? I'm experiencing the same thing.