Author Topic: New version daily?  (Read 3889 times)

SirL

New version daily?
« on: October 28, 2004, 07:34:13 AM »
Thanks for a good program! I have no problems with the new beta version on my XP Home SP2 Swedish version.

Is there a new beta version daily or can I dovnload once a week to be testing current beta version?

/SirL

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:New version daily?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 10:43:32 AM »
A new (beta) version is released as soon as it is needed. Mostly because there have been bug fixes taking place.

Read for example the post where I had a problem with Avast and Opera mail. After checking to make sure it wasn't something on my system, they fixed the little bug in ashmailsv (along with some other things I presume) and released 4.5.495. That solved my problem. (and ofcourse for others who are using Opera mail)

vps updates will continue with a rate of 1-2 a week, unless there is a large thread. In which case a new update will be released a.s.a.p.

For the program update it is like I said. When a new program update is released, it will be distributed to the users spread out over a week to reduce the load on the Avast servers. (Can you imaging what will happen if 10.000's of users all want to download the new release at the same time :D)

Just keep visiting this board for the latest news.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 02:10:27 PM »
A new (beta) version is released as soon as it is needed
Released 4.5.495

Right now we are on 4.5.498  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 02:34:54 PM »
Technical, note the part where I said "example" ;D