Author Topic: Avast vs Avira in detection  (Read 11934 times)

Duane Blomberg

Avast vs Avira in detection
« on: July 19, 2011, 08:30:10 AM »
is avast as good as avira free in detection  now? ???
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:32:28 AM by Duane Blomberg »

Gargamel360

Re: Avast vs Avira in detection
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:19:48 AM »
Avira has umbrellas.  Avast! has pirates.  So you must choose what you want more....to stay dry in the rain, or loot and pillage.

A good attack is the best defense, so I choose the booty Avast! brings.

But if it rains a lot where you are, maybe you should use Avira so you do not catch a cold.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:27:52 AM »
I thought the avast pirates raped and pillaged  ??? thats why i became a pirate  ;D

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:30:59 AM »
Jeez, easy there, killer  :o

They are more modern, politically correct pirates, so they can do the latter but abstain from the former. ;)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »
LOL ;D
Thanks for the good laugh guys.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:44:25 AM »
Jeez, easy there, killer  :o

No i wouldn't kill them  :)

A politically correct pirate  ??? i believe thats a politician  ;D

Daris

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 07:25:47 AM »
Personally I would say that Avast has improved and is much better than Alvira in the version 6..I have Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware as free on demand scanners only....And I find that Avast version 6 free finds stuff that both SAS or Malwarebytes have missed ...I just started to notice this in version 6....Although Avast previous versions were just as good or even better on scans than Avira free....Also Avast shields monitor and protect you at all times and with so many shields, Sandbox, Network shield Behaviour etc. if you have it set to automatically do your actions like "move to chest"  you should be as safe as you can possibly be...
     Also just my personal opinion, but Avast offers so much more in the free version.....And the competition is trying to keep up with Avast and "Again" personally I think that Avira can't keep up and is forcing their users to upgrade....and looking for cash from advertisers...I also heard that their forum is full of unanswered monitored questions??? 
  Just my opinion from the knowledge I have gathered that is being rumoured around...

Duane Blomberg

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 09:27:45 AM »
I just installed avast,avira has problems in the updating area

Daris

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »
Welcome to Avast!!

Yes ..I was trying to figure out why Alvira File Shield wasn't working on my buddy's computer...Cause he couldn't figure it out....The file shield only works if you update to the new version or downlad the new version with the "Ask Toolbar" Included ...Basically you are forced otherwise your file shield won't work..Some people got other problems too....Their Forum is controlled and monitored because of this change, and there is alot of unhappy users....
   Doesn't sound too good when an antivirus software that you trusted for so long starts to force strange toolbars on you...After all, it is suppose to protect you from strange toolbars ..You should be able to decide what toolbars you want to use on your computer ..and ASK Toolbar I have always considered Malware and some anti spyware programs have labeled it as malware.......And to trust Avira with your Privacy...Anyways I installed Avast 6 on my buddy's computer and he is very happy with it and now he is looking into buying the Pro Version...
  Cheers and safe surfing!!!

Duane Blomberg

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 01:30:42 AM »
yea i think im gunna keep avast 6
 ;D

Nesivos

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 04:15:05 AM »
avast! has the better forum ;D

There is actually a lot to said for using a software with a better forum. :)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:16:48 AM by Nesivos »

Duane Blomberg

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 05:30:38 AM »
I love how avast talks

not one other av talks

Dch48

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 06:13:17 AM »
Avira used to have higher detection rates than Avast!, but now , from all reports, they're pretty much equal. Since I preferred Avast! even when it's detection rate was somewhat lower, I really think it's obviously the better choice now.

Duane Blomberg

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 07:28:51 AM »
Avast is awesome with so many features

Avira is plain old avira
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:30:46 PM by Duane Blomberg »

DarkMasters

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 01:24:07 AM »
I just installed avast,avira has problems in the updating area

Indeed. Avira Free server is always slow and you either need to manually update or create a custom task for updating the Avira VDF.

Avast is awesome with so many features

Avira is plain old avira

It does somewhat... old, right? Old UI, old update problem, and old business tactics (forced ad, toolbar)