Author Topic: Schedule boot-time scan of multiple disks but not all?  (Read 3137 times)

wanchan

Schedule boot-time scan of multiple disks but not all?
« on: October 29, 2004, 01:57:24 PM »
I am new ;)

I am using avast 4 Pro. I am trying to schedule boot-time scan of multiple disks and paritions. I found I was given only choices either virus-scan all disks or one disk. I don't want to scan all of my disks since it would take hours to complete. As you know you have to be around to make a choice of Repair, Ignore or Delete, when a virus IS found.

Hence I want to schedule boot-time scan of several disks and partitions but all disks. Is this option unavalaible under avast 4 Pro?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Schedule boot-time scan of multiple disks but not all?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 02:09:29 PM »
I am new ;)

I'm not  ;D

I am using avast 4 Pro. I am trying to schedule boot-time scan of multiple disks and paritions. I found I was given only choices either virus-scan all disks or one disk. I don't want to scan all of my disks since it would take hours to complete. As you know you have to be around to make a choice of Repair, Ignore or Delete, when a virus IS found.

I'm affraid you have only the options at the bottom of the boot time scheduling window. Check 'Advanced options'.

Hence I want to schedule boot-time scan of several disks and partitions but all disks. Is this option unavalaible under avast 4 Pro?

Both Home/Pro versions are equal in this feature.
Can't you add the paths separated with a comma? e.g., "C:\";"D:\"
Seems easy to me  ::)
The best things in life are free.

wanchan

Re:Schedule boot-time scan of multiple disks but not all?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 03:46:42 PM »
Can't you add the paths separated with a comma? e.g., "C:\";"D:\"
Seems easy to me  ::)

Nice tip. I will try this. Thanks, matey ;)