Author Topic: Todo Backup Software  (Read 43862 times)

Hard_ROCKER

Re: Todo Backup Software
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 10:39:29 AM »
Okay i just figured out something interesting. You actually CAN create a WinPE rescue disk with the free product. So no need to use the Linux rescue disk which is incredibly slow, at least on my machine(like i said restore took forever). Restoring with the WinPE enviroment should be much faster. Will report back after i've tested this. Here are the instructions on how to create a WinPE rescue disk. You will also notice that WinPE rescue disk supports much more of the programs functions. Starting to really like this product. :)

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/features/winpe-bootable-disk.htm

Avastfan1

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 10:45:02 AM »
The WinPE rescue disk can indeed be created with the free version.

Once you download and install the Window$ AIK software, it is quite simple to follow the instructions.

Also: The WinPE rescue disk can be used on Window$ 7, Window$ Vista and Window$ XP. It does NOT need to have been created on a system running that specific operating system.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 10:48:14 AM »
Also it supports RAID configurations which the Linux rescue disk doesn't. :)

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 12:15:09 PM »
An update, successfully created a WinPE rescue disk and besides supporting many more options it is also much much faster when restoring. This time it took 13 minutes to restore my backup image. I believe i just found a replacement for Windows Backup. ;D

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 02:01:23 PM »
When you download the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) this is for
• Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2
• Windows Vista SP1
• Windows Server 2008 family
• Windows 7 family
• Windows Server 2008 R2 family

The Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) this doesn't accept XP

When you click onto the Windows Automated Installation Kit at the web link How to create WinPE rescue CD/DVD of EaseUS Todo Backup Free site provided by EaseUS http://www.todo-backup.com/products/features/winpe-bootable-disk.htm it NOT for XP OS.

Edit: At the Microsoft website when you click onto Windows Automated Installation Kit at the web link provided by EaseUS, I can confirm it saying this doesn't support XP. @Avastfan1 I think you maybe misleading how can this support XP when you export the ISO file into the free version of WinPE rescue on a XP OS when you create a WinPE rescue, are you 100% sure this does work on XP when you boot into the WinPE rescue DVD ???
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:32:51 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »
You would need access to a Vista or 7 machine to install Windows AIK but you certainly don't need Vista or 7 to run WinPE, you don't need an OS installed on your HDD even since WinPE runs from your CD/DVD or USB flash drive. That's the whole point.

Not sure if this would work with Todo but you can try it i guess.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=10333

Avastfan1

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »
Todo support staff confirmed that a WinPE rescue disk can be used with all operating systems regardless of which operating system it was created with.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »
That is a worried Darth.Mikey I prefer not to try it otherwise I can smell kappboom :-\
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Avastfan1

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 02:40:41 PM »
You would need access to a Vista or 7 machine to install Windows AIK but you certainly don't need Vista or 7 to run WinPE, you don't need an OS installed on your HDD even since WinPE runs from your CD/DVD or USB flash drive. That's the whole point.

Not sure if this would work with Todo but you can try it i guess.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=10333

Although the AIK version in the above link supports Window$ XP, it is not the latest AIK version.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »
@Speedy: Apparently the newest AIK(the link on EaseUS page) should work with XP, please try it.

Read this topic:
http://forum.easeus.com/viewtopic.php?t=20833

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 02:42:52 PM »
That is a worried Darth.Mikey I prefer not to try it otherwise I can smell kappboom :-\

I fail to see what could go wrong with simply trying to install AIK, it will either install or it will refuse. No way of knowing until you try.

Avastfan1

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 02:43:45 PM »
I would urge caution trying to create a WinPE rescue disk with a legacy version of AIK.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 02:44:58 PM »

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »
@Speedy: Apparently the newest AIK(the link on EaseUS page) should work with XP, please try it.

Read this topic:
http://forum.easeus.com/viewtopic.php?t=20833

Thanks for the link Darth.Mikey I'll give it a shot...............but I must do a backup first before I start :-\

Edit: This looks kinda scary otherwise I'll jump on the plane to EaseUS belt the crap out of them :-\

Edit again: I'll report back tomorrow and let you guys know how I get on with this :-\
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:59:09 PM by SpeedyPC »

Avastfan1

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 02:49:35 PM »
Would be keen to see the results Speedy!