Author Topic: I think avast is blocking my internet connection  (Read 3375 times)

alya86

I think avast is blocking my internet connection
« on: August 06, 2011, 12:53:07 AM »
Hey, guys, I just bought a full version of avast internet security, and I can no longer connect to the internet. The brouwsers (google chrome, mozilla, and internet explorer) can open, and the wireless icon says that it's connected to the internet, but the browsers can't load any pages. I may have other spyware products (not sure), but they downloaded themselves somehow, i didnt download them on purpose. I dont know what to do, any advice? Thanks in advance, everyone.

Offline Left123

• There Is No Patch For Human Stupidity.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Proud Community Member&Helper.
Re: I think avast is blocking my internet connection
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 01:04:03 AM »
Hi and Good morning from Greece ;D.
You may try to transfer the executable from a USB etc to your computer,since you can't access internet.If you are not able to,tell me so and we may use safemode.

Please Download and Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
1)Download
2)Install
3)Update
Note: I repeat UPDATE,it's important.
4)Full scan
5)Post your log.
AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ - 2.20 GHz,3,00 GB RAM -
Browser:Mozilla Firefox +WOT - SoftWare:CCleaner - Windows 7 32 bit
No Anti-Virus

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I think avast is blocking my internet connection
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 01:06:59 AM »
Hey, guys, I just bought a full version of avast internet security, and I can no longer connect to the internet. The brouwsers (google chrome, mozilla, and internet explorer) can open, and the wireless icon says that it's connected to the internet, but the browsers can't load any pages. I may have other spyware products (not sure), but they downloaded themselves somehow, i didnt download them on purpose. I dont know what to do, any advice? Thanks in advance, everyone.

Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

Whilst this isn't ideal you can stop the Web Shield, that would most likely allow connections, but you wouldn't have the protection of the web shield. However you would have the other shields.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security