Author Topic: Re-registration problems  (Read 4273 times)

Meandy

Re-registration problems
« on: July 25, 2011, 01:37:54 PM »
I think Avast is mad at me.  My registration has expired and I cannot re-register.  I click to re-register and am then told that my registration has expired.  I am asked for no information such as my registration key; I am merely sent right back to the re-register page and told that my registration has expired.  Of course I can't update because my registration has expired.  In fact, I can do nothing at all and my computer is now unprotected.  Can you please advise me on how to get this problem solved?

Meandy

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Re-registration problems
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »
Which avast..?
Which version..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.

Meandy

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »
Which avast..?
Which version..?

Sorry about that.  Am running Ver 6.0.1203 on Win XP with Firefox as my browser.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 02:34:44 PM »
Which avast..?
Which version..?

Sorry about that.  Am running Ver 6.0.1203 on Win XP with Firefox as my browser.

Free, Pro or IS..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Meandy

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 06:52:42 PM »

Free, Pro or IS..?
[/quote]

Free.  I am in the middle of downloading again.  I was able to uninstall through the Control Panel Add/Remove.  It will take quite awhile for the download since I am on dial up but I kept all directions just in case I run into trouble. 

I will post again when the download is done.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot

Meandy

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 02:09:07 AM »
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=612

I have already clicked on the Register button many times but have not gotten the offer to purchase the paid version.  For whatever reason it appears that I cannot register either with my old registration number and I haven't been offered a new number.  And I sure don't want a paid version which I haven't been offered anyway because if I can't register the free, why bother with the paid.  I can go through the proper steps as outlined in the Support Center till the cows come home but I still am told I have 30 days in which to register.  While at the Support Center I also tried to submit a ticket but of course I was told I was not registered so I can't do that.  I am registered and have the email saved to prove it.

I am going to start all over but this is getting very old.  And so am I.

Meandy

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:01:29 AM »
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=612

Ok, I know you are probably tired of my whining but I am a senior citizen, I whine.  Anyway I have been quite busy after being told that I can't submit a ticket because I am not registered so I got the bright idea to ask to have my registration number resent.  I received a reply immediately telling me I could not be found in the database which is incredible considering I have been using this program for several years.  I was directed to another link which asked me to fill out information for a new registration number.  I guess we can't use the same number when we are asked to re-register the free version?

On the bright side this newly downloaded Avast is working great, all the shields are now functioning and it is updating as it should.  Hopefully this problem is now solved though I don't know what happened to begin with.

I appreciate your help and your patience.

Meandy

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »
I appreciate your help and your patience.

Meandy

You're welcome..!
I'm glad the problem is solved.