Author Topic: how does BP console update?  (Read 5259 times)

williamstam

how does BP console update?
« on: July 24, 2011, 12:56:20 PM »
does the console update from the server update job or not (update server definitions / automaticaly)?

how will we know if theres a new version of the console?

williamstam

Re: how does BP console update?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »
bump :P

just wondering if i must keep coming back to the forums to see if a new version is available or will it silently chug along

wimmme

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 11:34:21 AM »
I second that question, was wondering about it this morning ...

wpn

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 02:33:42 PM »
i posted this as a feature request in: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=33.0

i would like to know too

Laneg004

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »
W/ yesterday's update for the console, I could not find any way to install it automatically. I downloaded the new installer. The installer detected the existing installation and updated it.

The only problem I had is that all the customizations I had made to each computer group had been wiped out and set back to default group settings.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 12:43:20 AM »
W/ yesterday's update for the console, I could not find any way to install it automatically. I downloaded the new installer. The installer detected the existing installation and updated it.

The only problem I had is that all the customizations I had made to each computer group had been wiped out and set back to default group settings.
hmm, I just tested it and it seems to work. Settings of the groups remained the same after update to SP1. Could you be more specific what was wiped out?

thank you
Quality is also a feature.