Author Topic: utorrent  (Read 2603 times)

andy51058

utorrent
« on: July 25, 2011, 07:46:34 AM »
I installed utorrent on a pc protected by the full version of Avast and utorrent doesn't work. I have utorrent on my laptop which has the free version of Avast and utorrent does work without a problem. The Avast works really well, catching any problems, warning messages coming up and everything. The difference is that on my laptop the Avast firewall doesn't exist and the pc it does. I have tried switching it off on the full version, without success. I have compared the pc to the laptop setting to setting and they all match.

Suggestions please.

Gargamel360

Re: utorrent
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 09:21:47 AM »
What Avast! version number are you using?

Hard_ROCKER

Re: utorrent
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 11:08:41 AM »
Well if you switched the firewall off than it is not blocking uTorrent. Do you have avast! IS firewall set to default ? If that is the case then the rule for allowing uTorrent should be automatically created, if the fw is set to ask, then you will receive a pop-up asking you to allow or block it. But i don't think it's the avast! fw at fault here since you said you turned it off.

What other security software does the pc in question have installed ? Also can you share a bit more detail on the computers configuration with us(what OS, avast! version etc.)? And what do you mean by uTorrent is not working exactly ? The program won't start or it does not want to connect ?