Author Topic: ZoneAlarm Firewall Query  (Read 2958 times)

Daz101

ZoneAlarm Firewall Query
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »
I have just noticed in my ZoneAlarm (Free version) Firewall Log Viewer that there is one item that is blocked on every bootup.

It is outgoing, has a different Destination IP each time and has a Destination DNS of something like a692sm.avast.com. The "692sm" part changes each time. It is blocked by the rule ExtBlockAll2, whatever that is. My free Avast anti-virus seems to be working OK.

I am using Windows 7.

Can anyone tell me what this item is and what should be done about it?

Plzzhelp

Re: ZoneAlarm Firewall Query
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 03:52:37 PM »
zonealarm??? what does that have with avast to do?? that's a whole different program...

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »
zonealarm??? what does that have with avast to do?? that's a whole different program...
Its got to do with avast because ZoneAlarm is blocking avast from connecting to one of it servers for some reason.
Be patient Daz101 as someone that uses ZoneAlarm should be able to help you soon.

Daz101

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 06:54:04 PM »
Thank you for your responses. I know that Avast is a completely different program. I just hoped that another ZoneAlarm user may have encountered this problem.

Anyway I have solved it myself. It was due the incorrect Proxy settings in Avast. I have changed the setting to "Direct connection (no proxy)" from "Auto detect" and it is no longer trying to access the internet at bootup.

Thanks again, Daz101

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:31:53 PM »
Glad you solved it  :)