Author Topic: Strange Message from a Stranger  (Read 12112 times)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:Strange Message from a Stranger
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2004, 06:59:43 AM »
and it says I am Running Mac OS 10.1 HA Im running 10.3  :P
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

watchthisspace

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2004, 07:38:08 AM »
and it says I am Running Mac OS 10.1 HA Im running 10.3  :P
Is there really a difference between 10.1 and .3?

corrine

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2004, 03:04:54 AM »
I apologize for my typo above. It won't happen again.

The only person who can see the information in my signature is the person looking at it. I think enough people know that by now.
We have a loot of newbie users, who are not familiar with this stuff.
By the way, it's alot, not a loot...

"Cheers!"

inthewildteam

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2004, 03:16:23 AM »

The only person who can see the information in my signature is the person looking at it. I think enough people know that by now.

"Cheers!"

Want to bet how much my script has revealed about you?   ;D ;D ;D

watchthisspace

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2004, 03:45:43 AM »
How much did it find..?  :o

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2004, 03:46:11 AM »

"Cheers!"

Yes that was exactly my point... lol... the only one person who can see the information... blah, blah, blah... /snip... of course the only one person is the person who is looking at it, but every single user see that message about his/her system, and he/she can feel scared because it LOOKS like his/her personal information is pubished on this web site. Not everyone is well informed about that  banner in your signature, especially not those fresh users.

Btw, don't check my spelling errors, unless you're licenced spell checker  ;) I don't need you to tell me how to spell. And btw, it's just typo... You made one as well... I wasn't the one who corrected you... it was Technical, check again and you'll see... anyway, he didn't mean anything wrong by saying that you made mistake typing aVast, he is just little bit touchy just like everyone else in these forums when it comes to our beloved avast! However, I don't care about your typo poblems, so why would you care about mine ? If you don't have anything better to say, you better don't say anything... We are here to help new users, we don't care about spelling errors. Lady, this is not English grammar class, this is avast! tecnical support forum. There are many people from all around the world, from non-English speaking areas, including me, so no one cares about spelling or grammar in here... I would like to see you speaking two languages fluently and third one so, so... Wanna see you type in my native language... wanna try me ?

inthewildteam wrote:
Want to bet how much my script has revealed about you?

Hahaha, good one my friend... wanna pubish it in here?  ;)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 09:21:37 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2004, 02:24:59 PM »

Never mind...

It was discussed in the past... Just this signature creates panic. People asking the others about what is happening, that avast forum is spyware, etc. etc.
Like I said, it was discussed in the past. Users stopped using it after all...
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2004, 03:22:04 PM »

"Cheers!"
If you want to split hairs, it's a lot, not alot.

As has been said before this is a forums were many of the users do not speak English as a first language, much less the many differences in spelling or grammar. We are more interested in their problem rather than their spelling/typos/grammar.

The banner may only be seen by the individual, but for many it appears that someone is spying on them (some may assume incorrectly it is the forums owner). It's not particularly clever, very old hat now and many forums take the same view, it shouldn't be used.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2004, 04:40:18 PM »
If you want to split hairs, it's a lot, not alot.

A lot, not alot - great point DavidR...  ;)

You're completely right DavidR, I didn't even notice that she made mistake... 'cause I don't care about that. Most important is the quality of the core of the post, not letters itself...

Anyway, I didn't mean to sound harsh on anyone, especially not on Corrine, but I just pointed her attention on problem that we had with this IP revealing signature in the past... believe it or not, people are scared. One thing is for sure, I don't like when someone comes and starts to correct us on our spelling errors... even people that English is their first language, make mistakes... half of USA as well as Canada too, doesn't know how to properly spell or make grammar-correct sentences... oh God, you guys should see how some of my regular customers spells, and they are born in Canada 50 and something years ago. It's their first language, and they work for largest North America Steel companies... we are talking about billions of dollars worth businesses, and they are general managers or "big" bosses... so what, maybe they had no chance to learn it, maybe they were too lazy to do that... that wasn't case with me... I gave my best to learn this language best I could, and I'm still fighting with it, but I think that my will for success is what counts, not my little mistakes. You have to make mistakes in your life, they help us to see them clearly and for sure to try even harder to correct them, so we won't make them in the future...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 04:44:56 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

lee16

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2004, 04:50:20 PM »
I agree, everyone good at something and bad at something, i personaly find the English language hard even though i an Engllish  :-[ ::).

You have to make mistakes in your life, they help us to see them clearly and for sure to try even harder to correct them, so we won't make them in the future...

See my Signiture  ;), near similar to what one of the greatist minds this world has ever known has said before.

--lee
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 04:50:37 PM by lee16 »