Author Topic: Menu cursor changes  (Read 20950 times)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Re:Menu cursor changes
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2004, 11:56:07 PM »
Sasha
LCARS doesn't have that problem either.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2004, 11:58:38 PM »
@ Starfigher - No way, why would anyone think this is arguing ? I just told you what I'm aware of regarding that cursor issue...

Something is wrong inside Active Skin engine (engine that avast! uses to run skins). Sometimes you don't even have to hower over dragging area, but as soon as MENU panel (white area with options) covers the dragging area (Alwil logo, or any other part of the skin with drag-sensitive area), something strange is happening... I guess we both agree on this one, right ?

Cheers !

I'll repeat, this is no arguing in any way... we all are trying to find the solution...  :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 11:59:44 PM by S.Z.C »

a61_a61

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2004, 12:14:11 AM »
Just a question.  Can a skin be designed without the move cursor?  Most programs are moved by holding down the left click on the top part of a program and then drag it?  Why even have a move cursor?

I'm not trying to indicate that avast is bad because of this but when a person sees this they may get the impression that it's not designed very well...that was my first impression when I saw this a long time ago, but I just put up with it.

a61

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2004, 12:20:01 AM »
As I already said few times in this thread... try RejZor-Sharp skin made by me (there is only one draggable area, and that is a top part of the window - just like Windows standard)... also, you may wanna try Lite-On skin... both skins looks very professional, and completely free of this problem.

Yes, it is possible to make just top part of the window as draggable area, but unwritten rule was to make few draggable areas in each avast! skin. It is also possible and desirable btw, to make draggable areas far from MENU panel area... that's the case with few of skins made by me...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 12:21:04 AM by S.Z.C »

Starfighter

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2004, 12:56:06 AM »
I just switched to Sasha's RejZor-Sharp skin.   Very nice.  No bugs, works great.   8)

And you can move it not just from the top menu-bar, but also from the blue banner below, where it has Sasha's name on it...    I like that! ;)  

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2004, 02:01:37 AM »
And best of all, I found out how to make draggable area and to avoid problem with changing normal cursor state into MOVE state. There are two ways to make draggable area in Skin Builder. It looks like one of those two ways is not the best solution...

I'm in process of changing all those settings in all skins made by me that were affected with this problem...

If Vlk and other guys from Alwil are willing to replace those skins made by me in avast! download section with new ones, I will send them new versions ASAP. I'm sure they will do that if they see your requests...  ;)

Please don't send me individual requests because it would be so much work to do, and so much data mailed to each person... try to understand me guys, please... it would be much easier and much faster for everyone, if we have latest skin versions in avast! skins download section.

Thanks in advance for your understanding !

Cheers !
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 03:14:55 AM by S.Z.C »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2004, 02:28:10 AM »
OK guys, just take a look at the time I posted my previous post and take a look at time of this post... I was really fast changing some settings in 15 + 1 skins (15 made by me and one made by Martin - "Silver Panel"). Sorry, had no enough time to change all skins, but anyway, I'm not sure does Martin really wants me to change anything in his skins... anyway, I just wanted to help.

I changed all of my skins, and now they don't have "changing cursor issue" any more. I also changed one little setting in Martin's newest skin "Silver Panel" (btw, his best skin ever), and I just hope Martin won't be mad at me... again, I just wanted to help, and because I've noticed so many avast! users like that skin. I want them to enjoy it all the way, without that annoying "chaning cursor issue"...

Here is the list of all skins that are completely "changing cursor issue" free. You'll notice that there is no REJZOR-SHARP and BLACK LIQUID skins listed... that's because those skins already were "changing cursor issue" free.
NOTE: Attachment removed by me, just to save some space. You can see screenshot with complete list (all available skins) in my reply number 42 in this thread. Thanks !

Those skins that you can see in the list, are the skins that I will send to Vlk and they should be uploaded in avast! skins download section ASAP IMHO...

Btw, RejZor's skin Maclover also has "cursor changing issue", although it's very hard to invoke it, but I checked source of his skin as well, and it contains exactly the same error as all those skins that were affected. You all can try it if you start Maclover skin and just hover over the Alwil Software logo... cursor will immediately change into MOVE state, and believe me it shouldn't do that. It should stay in ARROW state, although it sounds silly... if that area is dragging area, cursor should change it's state into four arrows, but... again... SkinBuilder is a strange beast, and it does that in some strange ways... so, conclusion is - we shouldn't see MOVE (4 arrows) cursor state in avast!...

If RejZor wants me, I can change it for him too...

EDIT: Actually, I just changed same thing in RejZor's skin "MacLover", so if he wants me I can send it to Vlk with all other skins...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 05:09:15 PM by S.Z.C »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2004, 04:38:18 AM »
Sasha, please ask them to mark the 'new' or the 'updated' ones... nobody wants to download 'all' skins again  :P
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2004, 04:47:49 AM »
I can not ask them that again... I already asked Vlk once, and he said it would cause some additional problems... sorry, can't recall what was that all about... maybe, they would listen to you Technical... why don't you try ?

To be clear, I want those new skin versions to be marked somehow... name should stay exactly the same (I understand that Vlk), but in short explanation of the skins (right hand side of the skin preview picture) should say something about version of the skin...

Once, skins are updated, everyone will be alarmed through the forums... I hope that's enough. Of course, everyone who was annoyed by that "cursor changing issue", should be happy to update all those skins on his computer... "all' skins should be updated, because if we look at it closer, all those skins were affected with same problem...

I'm going to catch some sleep now... see ya tomorrow...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 04:55:41 AM by S.Z.C »

a61_a61

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2004, 01:16:57 PM »
S.Z.C.
You are the KING! :o
Thanks for what you did, I tried some of the new skins...real nice. 8)

I wish the default 'blue panel' was fixed, that's the one I like to use.  It has a little more height than the new 'Blue Panel 4', plus it's easier to read the text.

a61
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 01:25:06 PM by a61 »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2004, 02:16:53 PM »
Well, blue panel was made by Martin Novak, Alwil original skin designer... I'm just first additional skin designer for avast!

So, I guess, you guys will have to talk to Martin about that one, unless he gives me permission to fix all those skins and send them all together to Vlk... I mean, it's a lot of job, but I wanna do everything that is possible to make avast! users happy...

Actually, those skins made by me you tried, some of them also have "cursor changing issue", except RejZor-Sharp and Black Liquid... yesterday I fixed all my skins, and now you just have to wait for Vlk to upload them in avast! download section on official avast! web site.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 02:20:29 PM by S.Z.C »

a61_a61

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2004, 03:06:11 PM »
It would be nice if they fixed all of them and the newer ones for the 4.5 version too.

I don't know Martin or how to ask him to fix the skins.

a61

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2004, 03:37:35 PM »
OK, this is an update...

I just finished fixing all those skins... here is the list in attachment. You'll notice that there are two or 3 skins missing. That's because those skins were "cursor changing issue" free in the first place...

I'm sure no one will be mad at me, I did a huge job fixing this issue, so I beg Martin Novak, Darren and RejZor not to be angry. I didn't messed anything up (I can't do that, I dream SkinBuilder in my Dreams, I live with SkinBuiler, I'm married to SkinBuilder, hehe... psssst, don't tell that to my wife... she's already jealous  ;D )

Now, all we have to do is to hear from Vlk. If he says: "OK, send them to me, I'll upload them into avast! skins download section, and also, I'll mark new skins as versions number 2...", then I will send all those skins to him, and we just have to wait untill he do his part of the job...

You'll notice following thing - skins made by me are marked in transparent RED, skins made by Martin Novak are marked in transparent YELLOW, Darren's skin is transparent GREY, RejZor's skin is marked with transparent VIOLET.

There are 32 skin files in total that needs to be replaced with new ones I will send to Vlk.

Cheers everybody !
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 03:48:16 PM by S.Z.C »